By eric nixon
I dont know if this has been asked before, but does the plugin support multiple uv's?.... I also dont know how to make 2 uv tags work in C4D itself, seems like only one of them (the rightmost is picked up).. hmmm ?

Btw. I am trying to animate the distortion of one UV set, for one channel - which is used for the weightmap in the mxm.

maxwell picks up the uv distortion, no problem there.
By JDHill
A Texure Tag uses the UVW Tag to its right, if there is one, when set to UVW mapping type. To use two UVW Tags, then, you need two such Texture Tags, one to the left of each UVW Tag.
By eric nixon
Thanks I can see it working now, but only in cinema, not when its output. I sent you a pm with a simple file.. I'm using a pose morph, you can slide the strength to take away the UV distortion.
By GRouslan
Did a couple of tests in cinema R14. Didn't understand how to use multiple uv tags, plugin sends to maxwell 2 uv channels only if material use 2 uv channels, and in that case uv channels has identical uvs although they are not. In cinema with it's render it seems almost ok.
By JDHill
The plugin always writes as many UV channels as necessary for the assigned material. Otherwise, you get the old "not enough UV channels for material X" error in Maxwell. In order to make it export multiple different UV sets, though, you need to put more than one Texture Tag on the object; the UVs generated by the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Texture Tags will be written to Channels 0, 1, 2, and so on.
By GRouslan
I don't understand what I'm doing wrong

First I set up cinema 4d material with different uvs

And hit render

And then applyed maxwell material:

Seems it uses only last texture tag.

Edit:
If I use 2 UVW tags it sends only 1 >>>>> problem.
If I use 1 texture tag with (for example) cube projector and another with different cube projector >>>>> ok
If I use 1 texture tag with (for example) cube projector and another with UVW Mapping >>>>> ok
By JDHill
Thanks, I see the problem. In walking through the tags during export, matching UVW tags to Texture Tags, I need to check whether the polygon counts match up. The UVW tags I'm finding have half the required count -- which means that they are for the original non-triangulated geometry. So I will have to do some work here and figure why that's the case. But it also points to a workaround: if you triangulate your plane, each Texture Tag should pick up the right UVW tag. It's not an issue with the other projection types, because those generate UVs on demand.
the render does not start

I tried hiding many of the objects in the scene wh[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]