By liquidlight
I've downloaded and installed the latest C4D plugin. Now I've seen that there seems to be an issue with RealFlow's SD files. They're rotated by 90 deg around the Y axes. When I wrap the SD into a HyperNURBS container, the object is also doubled, but correctly displayed in FIRE. This means that I have 2 objects in FIRE intersecting each other perpendicularly, but there is only one physical object inside C4D.

The final render is Ok though. Not a big thing, but it'd be very nice to have an accurate preview.
By JDHill
Thanks, it looks like there are a few problems with orientation, as you say, the RF geometry renders with a rotation in Fire, but correctly in the render -- however, there, its UVs are spun around 180°. So I'll put together some tests and we'll look at that. As far as putting an SD Animation under a hypernurbs, that's just not supported (I expect it to be under a polygon object, which it deforms for Cinema, and which I ignore for export), but I'll see if there's a way I can do it in the future.
By JDHill
No, I don't see anything like that, but I'm also unclear on what you mean:
  1. when you say "motion blur": which parameter do you mean, exactly?
  2. when you say "instantly": instantly, literally, or during the next export?
Also, how does the crash occur: is there an error message from Cinema, and if so, what does it say, and can you email me (jeremy at nextlimit dotcom) the _BugReport.txt file from your Cinema Preferences folder? If not, is there some other error message, from the OS, or does the application just disappear? If there is an error message, what does it say? Lastly, which OS, Cinema, and RF plugin version are you using?
By liquidlight
JDHill,

The motion blur checkbox I was talking about is located under
Scene plugin > Output > Motion Blur & Animation > Object Motion Blur

When I check this option and start a preview with FIRE, C4D crashes. Well it doesn't really crash, it freezes and I have to force the computer's shutdown with the power button. In the meantime I've seen that it's not the Maxwell plugin that causes this error, but the RF SD importer plugin. I know who I have to contact in that case. Anyway, thanks again for the help and sorry for the confusion.
the render does not start

I tried hiding many of the objects in the scene wh[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]