By Primus
Hi

I have a texturing question. A very simple scene. A box with two textures as "labels" on the box. Please see the attached files and screenshoots. I want to make a solid color on the box , for example red. I textured both labels on texture channel 0 and the sconed on a different layer on channel 1. The top layer is in additive mode. I got the expected result when i set ref0 and ref90 color to pure black. Then i have a pure black background. But when i set the ref0-color to a brighter color , e.g.. pure red i have the problem with "aaditive mode" , the red is blended into the textures.
I know and underdstand the additive mode. But i don´t know how to set up the maxwell material , that i have a pure red background and the two "no blended" labels/textures. I assumem i have to work with masks , but ... Could someone point me in the right direction ? Best would be to describe the setup for the maxwell-material .

To clarify i put some screenshots here and the c4d-example-scene ...

Best,
Tom

Second layer
Materials
Here you see the wrong/blended result, when i sitch the background to red ...

Here the C4D-testscene ..

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/15698846/Textu ... e_Test.c4d
By JDHill
If I understand you correctly, to do this, you would want to use normal blending mode, with layer masks. So you would have a red BSDF in the bottom layer, and then have two more layers, each using one of your label maps for a mask. Here is a quick example MXM:
the render does not start

I tried hiding many of the objects in the scene wh[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]