By JDHill
Maxwell for Cinema 4D
Version 2.7.23 Release Notes

Changes
  • Added new Maxwell Hair tag.
  • Added Enable/Disable switch to Particles tag.
  • Added Particle Emitter End Scale & Variation support.
  • Added new IBL Viewport resolution parameter.
Fixes
  • Particle Emitter/Geometry with no tag was exported.
  • Render Region could disappear with view clipping.
Downloads (please do not share these links)
Notes
  • This build completely re-works hair support in the plugin, which is now implemented in terms of a new Maxwell Hair tag, and which is no longer restricted to exporting hair guides. The root/tip size is no longer taken from a Cinema Hair material tag; in fact, Cinema Hair materials are no longer considered at all: you should instead supply a properly-configured Maxwell material (lengh-wise UVs on texture channel 0, and root UVs on channel 1, see here). Root/tip size are now specified in the new Maxwell Hair tag, which also allows you to choose whether hairs render using the MaxwellHair extension, or one of the Maxwell Grass ones (Flat or Curved, see the grass docs). Additionally, you can link to an arbitrary object, from which UVs will be generated, by tracing to the object from each hair's first segment. For more details, see p. 52 in the plugin manual. Here are some examples:
  • Hair rendered using the Grass (Flat) primitive:

Hair UVs traced using different (65cm & 100cm) Max. Distance, and a short animation:

Image Image
By JDHill
And P.S. about copying my links, please show some respect (whoever it is I'm writing to here, they know who they are): I host these myself, and if I find these links posted anywhere else, as I have recently, I will remove them, and I will no longer post pre-release stuff here.
By mashium123
a question about hair and the c4d-hair-mat, that is not taken into account anymore.
it used to be possible to model the generated hair by using the diverse options within in the c4d-hair-mat for example to make it look curvey etc.

how would one achieve those features now?
By JDHill
You can still use a Cinema Hair material to control how hair is generated -- that is Cinema's business. It just won't be converted into a Maxwell material for rendering.
By wfstecko
Thanks! The downloads for C4D 11.5 and 14 were fine, but the one for C4D R13 gave me a 'damaged archive' error when I tried to open it. I tried downloading several times, and always with the same result. Anyone else getting this?

Walter
By JDHill
I don't really have time for that right now, that is part playing with pre-release stuff -- you will just have to try it yourself. I tried to keep it working simply, just put the new tag on your hair and render it. There are more details, regarding UVs and such, in the manual.
By eric nixon
Great work,, nice to be able used C4D hair,

Is Motion Blur working with hair?, I cant seem to get it working with a deformed mesh (driven by softbody proxy).
By eric nixon
Ok,... :? well I'm rendering a little test now, to see how odd it looks without MB.

Btw this is the heirarchy I used for a dynamic softbody. It allows me to put a different mxm on the hairs, as opposed to the surface, which is a deformed mesh in this case. Is there a better way? < feel free to ignore this, its a bit vague...

the render does not start

Also open the Console and read through it to see i[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]