Hi,

I am using the new 2.7.1 with the updated C4D Plug (64 bit) . I have C4D 10.111

Problem: I was able to see my textures in my scenes before... now the objects all turn white when I re-render in the material manager or add a new texture to a object.
My old scenes hold the textures to the objects but as soon as I modify, re-render a material or apply a new textured material - the objects all go white!!

The materials are ok in the maxwell render export and material manager ... just nothing to see anymore in my viewport.

Can anyone confirm this please. This is a show-stopper...ultimate killer in a workflow.

Thanks in advance
I don't have 10.111, but I'm not able to observe this here on either 9.6 or 10.5. A couple of questions: which version of the plugin were you using previously, and if you switch back to it, is the problem solved?
Thanks for your quick reply JD!

I was using the last 2.6 and it was fine. I downloaded the 2.6 plug and tried it with 2.7.1 and the same thing is happening.
Actually, I cant render a preview in many cases in the material manager...there is an (X) in the upper left hand corner probably because it is in-compablewith 2.7.

If I get a chance, I may just download the previous version altogether...or use my other render package to get me going for this project that I have to complete this weekend.
While a 2.6 plugin will not be able to read newer MXM files, that is probably not the problem -- the red X (you can click it to get a message) is probably indicating that the preview MXS is too new for the plugin. If that's the case, the message may indicate that there is no active camera in the scene. Just click the top node in the material tree and try another preview scene; likely some of the ones you have are old enough to be used with that version of plugin.

The fact that the viewport behavior remains the same while switching back to the older plugin points to a change external to the plugin -- my first instinct would be to check for recent changes to OpenGL settings (in Cinema, or in NVIDIA/ATI control panels) and whether the graphics drivers have recently been updated.
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]