By JDHill
Hmm, I see what you mean. This is due to the modifier shortcut for modifying multiple textures: holding down CTRL. I will check if there is some way I can differentiate between a pasting event and otherwise, but regardless, the workaround is to paste by using right click > Paste, rather than CTRL+V.
By mashium123
no, it's a german layout.
i managed to find a repeatable procedure:
it's the "/" (on my layout it's shift-7).
create new mat, open a texture box and just click shift-7 (which is not being printed in the line) and click close.
it is not reproducable in the global bump texture box, though.
By JDHill
I see -- that is a different thing. If you are holding SHIFT down, whatever change you make is going to be applied to every texture, in every BSDF/Coating, in the current Layer; that is why the behavior is different with global bump. If you are holding ALT, it will apply to the whole material. If you are holding CTRL, and V is not pressed (that is the only factor being discussed in this thread), the change will apply to the current BSDF/Coating/etc.
By JDHill
Pretty much, yeah, you'll just have to deal with that. In the specific case of CTRL+V, it is clear what you're trying to do, so I can treat it specially. In other cases, though, the only realistic alternative would be to make the text box read-only. So it would either be that, or remove the ability to change multiple textures at once by holding down modifier keys.
By JDHill
That should be possible...so change it to be something like:
  • ALT: change all textures in the current BSDF/etc
    CTRL: change all textures in the current parent Layer
    CTRL+ALT: change all textures in the parent material
Or, something different?
By mashium123
shift could be used quite frequently, while typing stuff manually.
those new combinations look good in terms of not-otherwise-used in the context of the material-editor, so, yes, i'm all for it.
the render does not start

Also open the Console and read through it to see i[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]