By ASyme
Hi-
Can anyone tell me why I've got to do math in my head (and always be wrong) to try to "guess" where my render region is going to be with the RR tag? Why not do it like everyone else and just draw out a box in the viewport?

Also, what does Region Color and Overlay Color do? How do you use them?

Thanks, I wish this worked better.

Alec
By JDHill
Where is your Render Region tag -- is it on your active camera? It needs to be, and it also needs for Camera to be enabled in the View's Filter dropdown, in case you have disabled that. The tag draws its region in the viewport; the Region and Overlay parameters define the colors used to draw it. The tag is designed the way it is so as to allow one to set it precisely, and repeatably.
By ASyme
JDHill wrote:Where is your Render Region tag -- is it on your active camera? It needs to be, and it also needs for Camera to be enabled in the View's Filter dropdown, in case you have disabled that. The tag draws its region in the viewport; the Region and Overlay parameters define the colors used to draw it. The tag is designed the way it is so as to allow one to set it precisely, and repeatably.
Sweet. Thanks. I was putting it on the scene object. I don't think the docs mention that, but I could be wrong. Got to try this now.

Alec
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]