By ASyme
Hi guys-

First post here. I'm getting a very odd display of some of my materials. Super, super noisy and freakish colors. They seem to render ok, but the display is just wonky. Is this a Cinema bug? Do I just ignore this? Is my material set up wrong?

Thanks!
Alec

Huh, don't see how to upload an image. I guess that's my first problem...
By JDHill
Yes, an image would help -- to post an image, you need to upload it to imageshack or similar, then link to the image by placing the url inside of [img][/img] tags.
By JDHill
Are you running the current (2.7.0) plugin? You can check by looking in the Cinema Console window.
By ASyme
JDHill wrote:Are you running the current (2.7.0) plugin? You can check by looking in the Cinema Console window.
Yes. About half of my materials do this. They get more and more noisy as I work with them.Particularly the transparent materials.

Thanks
Alec
By JDHill
Thanks, but I am not able to reproduce this yet, and I am fairly certain I'm testing with the same MXM you are using. Confusingly, when it is imported, the Cinema material is named "Beer Bottle_Brown5" rather than "BeerBottleGlass_Brown2" as it is in your screenshot (the former is the name stored inside the MXM, and the latter, the MXM file name). So could you please gather:
  • A copy of your Cinema file, with all geometry deleted.
  • A copy of the actual MXM you are using.
  • Copies of the textures the MXM file references.
  • A copy of defaultpreview.mxs from your Maxwell /preview folder.
Before saving the Cinema file, please make sure the material is not set to use MXM linking -- I want to see it as you have it set up, currently. Just drop all of these in a folder, zip it up, and send the zip it to me at jeremy at nextlimit dotcom.
By JDHill
That is my guess, too -- I'm going to see if I can reproduce it using his actual preview MXS, and if so, figure out what causes it.
By eric nixon
I've scene this happen before with default preview and gem preview in MXED.. hasnt happened for a while.. i.e. not with 2.7

Haha, thanks.

Hello, I'm still waiting for a solution to the pro[…]

Well.....they must have been proven wrong, as it's[…]

Hello dear customers, We have just released a new[…]