By metami
Dear Maxwell Users,

I'm just reworking old files and I'm just stucking on one project. In this project I have used a mograph multishader for coloring several objects randomly with different shaders. No I cannot really find a solution to transform this setup to a set of maxwell materials. Does someone has an idea for a method or workaround for doning that?

I was trying to bake the clone object and then asign the maxwell materials to the new "baked" objects. The problem is that i have to deal with about 2000 objects and cinema is chrashing while baking.

By the way - is there a way to assign a set of maxwell materials randomly to a dedicated number of objects?

Thanks to all ideas and answers.

Dominic
By JDHill
The multi shader texture is not supported for export to Maxwell; a similar functionality has been wished for, where a Maxwell material would be able to use randomly-generated, rather than definite RGB colors, for BSDF Reflectance 0° and such, but that is just a wish, and does not exist. I cannot think of any way of simulating that behavior in the plugin, currently -- for each material that appears in Maxwell, there must be a corresponding material in Cinema's material list.
metami wrote:By the way - is there a way to assign a set of maxwell materials randomly to a dedicated number of objects?
In terms of assignment, Maxwell materials work no differently than Cinema ones: they just exist as a material linked in a texture tag. So, you would be able to do it by means of python, or by some plugin, if such a thing exists, where you would create the randomized materials and assign them to the objects.
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]