By jc4d
Hi all,

I don´t know if I´m missing something I would like to know if is a limitation in the plugin or is just not possible.

Here is a screenshot of the problem, as you can see the instance is renderer by C4D native engine but Fire doesn´t if the parent is hidden from render and not the child where the instance is referenced and this happens only if render instance is checked, if is unchecked Fire render the object as C4D does.

And the file, C4D R13
http://www.woofiles.com/dl-305606-SGcFVnG1-Render.c4d

Cheers
JC
By JDHill
That may work in Cinema, but in Maxwell, an instance has to be an instance of a real mesh -- if you don't export the mesh, there is nothing for the instance to instance. If you uncheck Render Instance, it appears to work, because no instances are involved at all.
By jc4d
Thanks for your reply, to bad that it can´t work the same way than C4D, but I found a workaround, you can assign a maxwell object propertie tag to the object not to the null and check all the options only leaving unchecked Hide, in this way the instances render and the source object keeps hidden.

Cheers
JC
By stu.dio
I used to use this method of construction quite a lot - for repeated picture frames (that hold different texture tags on the instances) furniture that appears in different colours, same light models with different emitter values as tags, all in the same scene etc - but now use Xrefs (mainly legacy) - with very little surprises (in a positive way) - although not sure about the memory impact of this with the same regard to render instances. Have you tried this?
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]