Not sure if this is covered elsewhere, but I haven't been able to find an answer.
I have a animation where I animate the focal point of a camera using a null object. when i render individual frames with the render active view button everything works fine. the the camera focal point follows the null and renders correctly. However when i render out the whole animation to mxs files and try to render with maxwell monitor, everything is out of focus and the focal point is no longer animated. Could anyone offer some advice on what i could be doing wrong here?

cheers
Hi,

I have the same problem. Here is a scenefile demonstrating the issue: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1059954/Maxwell ... st.c4d.zip

If I render frame 0 to maxwell, the DOF is working. But if I send it through the network, the DOF is not working as expected.

If I delete the DOF target, and manually keys the DOF distance. Then everything looks good in the render. But this becomes hard if you have a movable object you want to constrain your DOF to.

Not sure why this happens?

Regards,
Kevron
It seems that the network rendering is indeed the factor. Rendering locally, with the DOF target, the results looks good.
Rendering across the network, oh.. wait for it.. Also looks good..?

So now I cant reproduce the problem in my own file..?

My theory, if you use a tag to drive the dof. Then it will not work. If you delete the tag, and keyes the dof. It will work. If you delete the keys, and then apply the DofTarget again, it will also work.

Sound a bit sci-fi, but I´ll make a new scene again. Only cam and Doftarget. See if it will work.

Cheers,
Kevron
It is a bit hard to try to figure this one. It seems that it is a bit random when the Focustarget works.

Here is a file that not the network or local render manage to produce a correct DOF: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1059954/Maxwell ... _2.c4d.zip

But, sometimes. Not all times, the dof is correct if I render the frame in Maxwell (Render this scene using render view in Cinema 4D)

So, not sure why this happen. But there is something strange I guess.

Regards,
Kevron
Okay, here is the problem: the plugin needs the camera to have a Target Expression tag linked to the target Null, and Use Target Object checked in the camera's Object tab, rather than using the Focus Object link. I will add support for the camera's Focus Object link (added in R13) in the next build.
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]