By macray
Hi Jeremy,

is it possible to have a preview in the viewport when using textures? I don't want to start x test renders just to adjust a texture and then do it again and again for other textures. And no - normally I don't want to use studio but work directly from the plugin.
By JDHill
This should already be working - have you selected a viewport texture for your material? See the 'Active Texture' drop-down list in the material editor, below the material preview image, next to the 'Refresh Preview' button. The plugin's viewport texture display is quite extensive - it should be showing you the selected texture, including tile/offset, invert, saturation, brightness, etc.
By macray
JDHill wrote:This should already be working - have you selected a viewport texture for your material? See the 'Active Texture' drop-down list in the material editor, below the material preview image, next to the 'Refresh Preview' button. The plugin's viewport texture display is quite extensive - it should be showing you the selected texture, including tile/offset, invert, saturation, brightness, etc.
oops. forgot about that toggle. could there be an option to show the diffus texture as standard even when I don't explicitely switch the display texture on? That way most of the times there is a texture displayed without having to change something in the material. (for more comfort there could still be the option in the material to display another texture)
By JDHill
Yes, but that assumes you want a texture to be shown - what if you don't? Also, which texture would you consider to be the diffuse texture? With any number of BSDFs possible, the plugin can't really guess what you might be thinking. Of course, I'm open to any suggestions, but the issue is a bit stickier than it might seem at first glance...for now I've just tried to emulate the same convention used in mxed/studio.

Haha, thanks.

Hello, I'm still waiting for a solution to the pro[…]

Well.....they must have been proven wrong, as it's[…]

Hello dear customers, We have just released a new[…]