By alexlettre
Hello,
is it possible to see the IES preview inside viewport ? (How can I orient my emitters ?)
Is there a way to use referenced materials ? Procedurals are not supported by the plugin for the moment, referenced materials (with procedurals) is an important option.
I ask those questions because I didn't find the manual ;)

Last request!
With the new v3 version and volumetrics, is would be nice to use LW particles with maxwell!

Thanks and long life!

A.
By Mihnea Balta
alexlettre wrote: is it possible to see the IES preview inside viewport ? (How can I orient my emitters ?)
No, unfortunately the Lightwave SDK does not provide a means for materials do draw things in the viewport. Moreover, it doesn't allow us to access the properties of the built-in IES lights, so we can't export those either. The only solution would be to add a custom object to the emitter geometry, so that we can display the IES lobe. We can implement this in a future version, but you will have to manually add that custom object on the relevant objects.
alexlettre wrote: Is there a way to use referenced materials ? Procedurals are not supported by the plugin for the moment, referenced materials (with procedurals) is an important option.
No. In Lightwave, UV projections are specified inside the material properties. A referenced MXM material would not have this information, so it would be impossible to use textures. We are considering implementing material references and restricting them to use only explicit UVs (which are contained inside the geometry), but we do not have a clear way to go on this subject yet. In conclusion, there's no way to use the new procedurals from Lightwave yet. We will add support for manipulating procedurals directly inside LW (as well as other platforms) in a future Maxwell release.
alexlettre wrote: With the new v3 version and volumetrics, is would be nice to use LW particles with maxwell!
We will look into that, it shouldn't be very difficult.
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]