By PaZ
Hi,
i'd like to revamp some old feature requests, i feel these are main bottlenecks in Maxwell's usage within LW.
- Can we have Fire window resolution tied to Camera's ? Maybe with a "max horizontal resolution" option, so it wont become huge in case of print-res cameras ? When working with multiple cameras, having to set fire's res each time is quite tedious.
- Mousewheel zoom. This one would save a lot of time in finetuning.
- Can we get asmall texture preview aside recently introduced Texture controls ? Tweaking brightness and contrast means little without a preview.

Thanks,
Paolo
PaZ wrote: - Can we have Fire window resolution tied to Camera's ? Maybe with a "max horizontal resolution" option, so it wont become huge in case of print-res cameras ? When working with multiple cameras, having to set fire's res each time is quite tedious.
Yes, this should be easy to do.
PaZ wrote: - Mousewheel zoom. This one would save a lot of time in finetuning.
Easy as well in theory, but I'll have to double-check how (and if) I can get the mouse wheel events from LW.
PaZ wrote: - Can we get asmall texture preview aside recently introduced Texture controls ? Tweaking brightness and contrast means little without a preview.
Yes, I remember talking about this in the past, but it slipped through the cracks. I can't give you an ETA for these at the moment, but hopefully we should be able to look into them this month.
By PaZ
Thanks Mihnea, this sound nice :)
One thing about mousewheel; once it was an "experimental feature" you could activate with CTRL+F1, now (11+) it seems integrated in basic features. You can zom in a window with Alt+Mousewheel. I dont know how it's exposed in SDK, if you need support in digging this let me know.

Paolo
great to see those on the to do list! hope you can get back to code for the LW plugin soon. :)

one further suggestion which would make FIRE even more useful in LW would be if the perspective view could optionally used with it. this would enable us to do a fast zoom into certain scene regions without having to setup a special camera just for this.
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]