By Tan Boon Meng
Hi,

I tried rendering my past work and i was shocked to see that the colors and textures are so much difference,
am im doing right? i did nothing, bascially i opened up the scene done is 1.7 and set to render in V2..

Regards.
By Mihnea Balta
There will be differences between the images produced by 1.7 and 2.0 from the same scene, but they shouldn't be extremely big. Could you post some examples showing large differences?
By Tan Boon Meng
Sorry to keep you guys waiting, finally have the chance to do it. See below.
Cant show in full res but it should be good enough to see the diference.

Version A: This was the original file rendered from V1.71.

Version B: This was the exact scene from V1.71 and rendered in V2.0 with the same multilight settings from V1.71.

Version C: So i adjusted the multilight in V2.0 so that it has almost the same intensity as the one in V1.71, but textures are still out.

Of course this will have not impact on any new projects but if clients going to come back with
changes and new render on the past projects, then i have to fall back to 1.71 again.

By Tan Boon Meng
Without multilight is like setting the lights panel into something with much stronger watts, thus brighter? i doubt it will be better, by then i might have another problem that is getting the same light intensity. What i see now was the textures.

The scene was lid up using physical sky and emitters.

Take a close look at the forground object, on column C, that white panel being reflected is actually a light emitter wherelse on A, it cant be seen so clearly due to the textures.

what about gpu maxwell q project?

SS Pinto Bean

Hi Tommy, Great stuff - love it~! Thanks for pos[…]

Never No More Studio Lighting

Hello Mark! Very good tips about the camera setti[…]