By Mihnea Balta
T0M0 wrote: (there is small typo 3.1.1.3)
You're right, I typed 1 instead of 2. I've fixed the forum announcement, but I have to talk to the web guys about fixing it on the early builds site.

I'll copy the note from the announcement here, to make sure everyone sees it:

The viewport render engine defaults to "OpenGL - Core Profile" in Maya 2016 Extension 2. Maxwell material previews and some custom draw objects (e.g. grass and sea) do not work with this render engine. To see Maxwell materials and custom objects in the viewport, you need to go to Windows -> Settings/Preferences -> Preferences -> Display and change the "Rendering engine" setting to "OpenGL - Legacy". This compatibility issue will be resolved in a future plug-in update.
By T0M0
F.Tella wrote:It's already fixed!

3.2.13, right?

Cheers!
Fernando
Perfect! Now if we could focus on broken network rendering in latest e.b. 3.2.1.3 :mrgreen: (merging process will fail)
By F. Tella
T0M0 wrote:
F.Tella wrote:It's already fixed!

3.2.13, right?

Cheers!
Fernando
Perfect! Now if we could focus on broken network rendering in latest e.b. 3.2.1.3 :mrgreen: (merging process will fail)

I have just tested cooperative rendering in upcoming 3.2.1.4 and merging and previews have been fixed among other things. It will be uploaded to the Early Builds site very soon.

Best,
Fernando
By Mihnea Balta
Not all UI controls seem to support dragging into the render setup window. For example, the Maxwell render flags can be dragged, but material attributes such as the reflectance 0 color cannot. The material UI is a bit more complex than the usual attribute editor panel because it has to change dynamically depending on which component is selected in the material tree, and I guess Autodesk overlooked those types of controls when they implemented dragging. Anyway, you can right click the attribute you want and select "create absolute/relative override for visible layer", and it should work.
By ababak
Mihnea Balta wrote:you can right click the attribute you want and select "create absolute/relative override for visible layer", and it should work.
Mihnea, can you show this trick, I am not sure I can find this menu.
Update: found :)
By talos72
I downloaded and installed the latest beta but I can't seem to run Maxwell on Maya 16.5 EXT 2. I see the shelf for Maxwell, but when i click on any buttons nothing opens.

I keep getting the red bar arrow in the bottom for various functions: // Error: line 1: Cannot find procedure "maxwellCreateMaterial". (this is the case for all the shelf tools). I can load Maxwell fine with Maya 16 EXT 1.
By talos72
How do I make sure the bundle is loaded? If you mean through the plugin manager, I have both boxes checked (including autoload).
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]