Total 26 sec

Maxwell 3.2
Maxwell Plugin 3.2.7
Maya 2015 Ext 1 SP6

FIRE Benchmark
Export Scene 8 sec
Voxel Scene 127 sec
Total 135 sec

So Maxwell 3.2 with the latest plugin takes about 5 times longer to even start rendering. All the time is wasted during the Voxel process. Something is seriously broken here.
Needless to say that this makes using FIRE inside of Maya pretty much useless. A quick fix would be greatly appreciated.
By limbus
Further testing shows that the Maya plugin is causing the slowdown. Maxwell 3.2 with Plugin 3.1.13 is just as fast as 3.1 with the plugin.
By Mihnea Balta
Could you please send me the scene where you're seeing this massive slowdown in voxelization? Do you see a similar problem when starting a production render with this plugin build?
By limbus
Mihnea Balta wrote:Could you please send me the scene where you're seeing this massive slowdown in voxelization?
I have to see if I have any scenes not under NDA. But this does happens in every scene. The one I used for benchmarking was fairly light. Other scenes we work with take 15 minutes and more for voxeling.

Where can I send the scene?
you see a similar problem when starting a production render with this plugin build?
No.
By Mihnea Balta
Thank you for the scene. The bug seems to be inside the FIRE engine and it affects multiple plug-ins, but only on Windows. We're looking into it and we'll try to fix it for the next plug-in update.
By Mihnea Balta
Hi,

We've found the problem and we're going to publish new plug-in builds containing the fix as soon as possible. Thanks for helping us fix this.
By limbus
Mihnea Balta wrote:Hi,

We've found the problem and we're going to publish new plug-in builds containing the fix as soon as possible. Thanks for helping us fix this.
Glad to hear that!

...and 3 Days later, 82.528 Views !!! ...NL, every[…]

Hello dear customers, We have just released a new[…]

grass generator extension

Just downloaded MWR5 for Rhino 6 and want to use g[…]

Hello everyone, I have a new bug with the latest M[…]