By limbus
Hi there,
we encountered two bugs in the Maya plugin.

1. wrong FIRE resolution
We have FIRE set to 100% resolution. FIRE, however renders with a lower resolution.
Workaround: Open FIRE Engine Settings, set Resolution to 50%, klick Apply, set Resolution to 100% and klick Save.
Affected Plugin Versions: 3.1.10 (latest Beta), 3.1.4 (last stable release)

2. slow FIRE Updates
When moving objects or emitters, FIRE updates in the slow, old way (everything is voxeled again).
Affected Plugin Version: 3.1.10
By Mihnea Balta
limbus wrote:Hi there,
we encountered two bugs in the Maya plugin.

1. wrong FIRE resolution
We have FIRE set to 100% resolution. FIRE, however renders with a lower resolution.
Workaround: Open FIRE Engine Settings, set Resolution to 50%, klick Apply, set Resolution to 100% and klick Save.
Affected Plugin Versions: 3.1.10 (latest Beta), 3.1.4 (last stable release)
And does it reset to 50% after restarting Maya, or does this fix the problem permanently?
limbus wrote: 2. slow FIRE Updates
When moving objects or emitters, FIRE updates in the slow, old way (everything is voxeled again).
Affected Plugin Version: 3.1.10
This is a known problem, I'll try to get it fixed for the next update.
By limbus
Mihnea Balta wrote:
And does it reset to 50% after restarting Maya, or does this fix the problem permanently?
The workaround has to be applied everytime.
Mihnea Balta wrote: This is a known problem, I'll try to get it fixed for the next update.
Great. A beta update with the fix would be nice since we really miss the FIRE speed especially when working with client on site.
By limbus
Are these two bugs fixed in the new plugin? I couldn't find anything in the changelog.

Cheers, Florian
By Mihnea Balta
I've discussed the revoxelization issue with the engine developers, and they told me it's normal to have a brief progress bar after material changes, camera changes and other things which do not affect the scene geometry. I think the delay was there before, but it didn't display a progress bar, so maybe it seemed quicker.

I could not make it do a full (slow) revoxelization after non-geometry changes. If that happens in your case, could you send me a scene file which reproduces the issue?

I haven't been able to address the resolution issue in 3.1.11. However, there's already a reported bug related to FIRE in this build (sometimes it keeps running in the background after you close the window), so I will release another update soon, where I'll also try to fix the settings problems.
By Mihnea Balta
An update on both issues:

1. I cannot reproduce the resolution issue anymore. I'm trying on a freshly installed machine, so maybe it's a problem with the Maya preferences. Can you try resetting the preferences as described in this link? http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/m ... tml?v=2013

2. I've made a test with a scene with heavy geometry now, and moving a single object or changing material parameters does not trigger a full revoxelization. The 3.1.11 plug-in build contains a newer version of FIRE compared to 3.1.10, so maybe the issue you were experiencing was fixed. Please give it a try.
By Mihnea Balta
Nevermind number 1 above, I managed to reproduce the resolution issue. It wasn't related to preferences at all, it was simply a licensing issue which happened sometimes and restricted the horizontal resolution for FIRE to 720 pixels. Both this and the problem with FIRE running in the background are fixed in version 3.1.12, which I've just uploaded to the early builds site. Please install it and let me know if you still find issues in it.
By limbus
Just installed the latest beta and it seems that both bugs are fixed. Thanks.
By ababak
I am still experiencing the revoxelization issue even when rotating an HDR environment. I recall doing this before — the update was almost instant, now on heavy scenes each iteration takes 15-20 seconds (presenting "Voxelization" sign) making the fine-tuning nearly impossible.

Mac OS X 10.10.4, Maya 2016 SP1, 3.1.12
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]