By calix
Hi!

Can't load VDB Volumes with the latest Maya Plugin in 2014. I can only load *.bin, *.pxy, *.rpc and *abc files with the Maxwell Volumetric Object?

Thanks!

Calix
By Mihnea Balta
Sorry about that, I forgot to add VDB to the file mask. Until this is fixed, you can either select the "all files" option in the type dropdown of the file dialog (it's the last entry in the "Files of type" dropdown, below *.abc, and it might be empty on some systems), or you can type "*.*" in the file name field and press enter (the dialog will display all the files after that).
By calix
Thanks for the tip. Can see the VDBs now in the Explorer but can't render them. It shows me the following error message in Maxwell.

ERROR: - [Extension MaxwellVolumetric] File H:/../kitchen_smok00024.vdb not found. Exiting volume fields loader.

But the files name is actually kitchen_smoke_sim.vdb

Thanks for your help!

Calix
By Mihnea Balta
The plug-in expects a sequence of VDB files, so it adds the frame number in the file name. I'll change it so that it doesn't try to add a frame number if there isn't one in the file which was selected.
By calix
Thanks Mihnea Balta!

Unfortunately it doesn't work with sequences either. My sequence has the following name kitchen_smoke_sim.####.vdb

For frame 13 for example it gives me the following error:

Render failed:
[Extension MaxwellVolumetric] File H:/..VDB/kitchen_smoke_sim_v0100013.vdb not found. Exiting volume fields loader.

Cheers

Calix
By Mihnea Balta
That looks like a bug in the code which extracts the extension and frame (it assumes the separator is underscore, not dot, and does some bad things after that). I'll fix it ASAP.
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]