By ababak
Hello,

I didn't want to hijack choo-chee's topic so I have created a separate one.

When I came here with a question today I was rather surprised to see exactly my case posted just several hours before. That's real Maxwell Magic™ :)

I've got a scene from an architect, imported it to Maya, assigned several materials, placed some trees and did a test render — it worked fine. Then I exported a scene to MXS (just tested, it renders fine in Maxwell Render as well), created a new scene in Maya, placed a Reference MXS node and did a simple fly around camera animation. Now rendering any frame from this scene crashes Maya when I start Fire, crashes Maxwell Render just before the voxelization when I start a single frame render. If I export frames, each of these frames crashes Maxwell Render as well. Nothing special is used in my files, no displacement, no extensions, no multilight. Not a huge piece of geometry either.

Is there anything I can do to pinpoint the problem?

Thank you.

Mac OS X 10.10, Maya 2015, Maxwell Render 3.0.1.3 OSX 64, Maxwell Maya plugin 3.0.15.
By Mihnea Balta
The current version of Maxwell has a bug in the voxelization code which can be triggered by MXS references or certain emitter configurations. I don't know the details, so unfortunately I can't tell you what you can do to work around it. The bug is already fixed internally and a Maxwell patch will be posted soon to fix this and various other things.
the render does not start

I tried hiding many of the objects in the scene wh[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]