By Gary Bidwell
When using emitters with the Hidden From Camera flag checked and the emitter is in the rendering cameras field of view will cause Maya to crash. Unchecking Hidden From Camera for that emitter or moving it out of the field of view of the rendering camera will make Maya stable again. This has been a issue for several versions now. Any chance of identifying the issue and getting a fix?

Many thanks.
I can't easily replicate this on a simple scene. My scene that was stable this morning started crashing with this issue mid day and now won't stop. Saving and re-opening won't resolve the issue either.

Thanks again.
When exactly does it crash, when you check that box, or when you start FIRE? (Or is FIRE already running when you tick the box?) Simply clicking the box does not call any plug-in code, so it would be weird if that crashed. When you export the scene (to FIRE or to the external renderer), there's no special processing for objects which are inside the camera frustum, so the crash should not be tied to that condition. The only time when the emitter position can trigger a crash is during rendering, so that would mean FIRE (the external renderer might crash, but it should not crash Maya itself, since it's a different process).

When the crash happens next time, please send me the dump file as explained here: http://support.nextlimit.com/display/mx ... g+Problems.
Ok will do Mihnea. Had the same problem again today, but it's really difficult to pinpoint the cause of the problem. I deleted my geometry and replaced with a sphere and the scene was then rock solid, hit the undo button a few times until my geo came back and the crashing stopped, saved and quit Maya then reopened the scene and the crashing came back. This has happened on several scenes all with different geo. so can't blame the model I guess.
Ok, so the crash happens when you run FIRE, right? I can't be 100% sure from the crash dump that it's the bug I mentioned earlier, but most likely it is, so this should be fixed for the next update.
the render does not start

I tried hiding many of the objects in the scene wh[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]