Hi again.
I've been wondering for quite a while about a way to have multiple cameras settings saved for a single scenes.
See, the problem is that each camera has it's own settings, but render global settings apply for all the cameras,
and sometimes those cameras don't share the same image ratio (common render tab), and may have different environments
(maxwell settings) and even need other channels (or other Z depth).
So is there a way to make maya+maxwell understand that when I render,say , camera01, it will render on (e.g.) 2000X1000, camera ratio 2, sky dome, with alpha and material... but camera02 needs 3000X2000, 1.5, ibl with Z depth 1,8... and camera 03 needs 1800X1000, 1.8, physical sun and Z 1,20 ....?
It happens to me a lot that the same scene has few cameras, and I make mistake and render the wrong sun, or the wrong resolution....etc.
We've discussed several times about having per-camera environment settings and it will probably happen at some point, but it's not approved and scheduled yet. You could script Maya to change the environment settings when you change the active camera, but it's not trivial. I'm afraid there's no simple solution at the moment.
the render does not start

I tried hiding many of the objects in the scene wh[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]