By swedeballs
1. Can we divide the Global Render window in some tabs please? Scrolling down for 2 min before reaching the IBL options, just to rotate the HDRI e.t.c, is a bit frustrating.
- if we could also get some 32 bit image controls under the IBL settings, that would be splendid. (To be able to adjust the HDRI image right there.)

2. On the file node, Under the *Maxwell Image Controls* rollout, can we please add a control for gamma?
And also, if it possible to make these attributes read float values?

3. If custom alphas has been created, and the user switches to a new render layer, those custom alpha names and associations gets lost and scrambled, forever.

4. The maxwell ocean is pretty cool, but how do I disconnect its animation so I can use it as a static object? Like mountains and stuff. Also, can we have a centered pivot on creation ?

Will Maxwell support OpenCL when it is released with GPU rendering support? Since some of us prefer AMD cards and OSX, the Open CL would be fantastic if supported.

Thanks for a great renderer and for the great support through the years.
Mats
By Mihnea Balta
You should be able to render a static ocean mesh by disconnecting the Reference Time attribute, and typing in the frame number which you want to render. However, there's a bug in the plug-in which prevents this from working (the plug-in will still export the current frame regardless of that attribute). We'll fix this for the next update.

GPU support in the core renderer is a work in progress right now with no set release date, so I can't comment on which API it will use. However, the GPU-accelerated Multilight and SimuLens which are already present in Maxwell 3 are using OpenCL.

Gamma correction on textures and color correction for IBL images have to be supported in the engine. I will forward your request to the engine guys. Same thing for supporting float values in those controls.

I will look into the problem with render layers and custom alphas, as well as splitting the render options into multiple tabs.
the render does not start

Also open the Console and read through it to see i[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]