By choo-chee
I get this error:
ERROR: - UVW channels ( 1 ) on object "polySurface1" not enough for material "grassGeneric"
ERROR: - Data preprocess failed. Render cannot continue
I use the generic grass MXM from the resources page, but whenever I try to add a surface texture like in here:
http://support.nextlimit.com/download/a ... 000&api=v2
the errors pops...
By dariolanza
Hello choo-chee,

What software are you using to generate the grass fibers? The native Maxwell Grass?
Other fiber generators may not create the UV channel 1 to store the ground surface mapping information, so an standard MXM material that uses it may not find it.

Could you show us an screenshot that visually shows your procedure so we can understand your steps?

Keep me informed.

Greetings

Dario Lanza
By choo-chee
it's the maxwell grass extension applied the same way described in the manual...
btw I d-l a fur sample from here but it gave me the same error. could it be something with maya polygons ?
By raduc
choo-chee wrote:I get this error:
ERROR: - UVW channels ( 1 ) on object "polySurface1" not enough for material "grassGeneric"
ERROR: - Data preprocess failed. Render cannot continue
I use the generic grass MXM from the resources page, but whenever I try to add a surface texture like in here:
http://support.nextlimit.com/download/a ... 000&api=v2
the errors pops...
Hi choo-chee,

From the error message I believe that the problem you are having is that you try to set the material on the surface that generates the grass instead of the grass itself, if this is not the case, can you send me the scene so I can have a look ? My email is radu@griffinlair.com
By dariolanza
Hello choo-chee,

Yes, Radu is right, it is likely to be that.

Keep in mind that the material to be used on the grass fibers (the material than be mapped in length and/or in surface due the UV 0 and 1 channels) has to be applied to the grass object itself (not to the ground object, that may have its own ground material), in the Grass Generator panel itself.

Cheers
By choo-chee
didn't understand... the grass object itslef? what do you mean? the grass is part of the polygonal plane I created in maya. how can I select it without the plane ...?
OK I understand - the grass panel itself. gonna try soon.
By choo-chee
well I guess the only way to select the grass by itself is with the hypergraph...
but it appears that now the grass is rendering correctly, still I wish the grass_generic material you guys made (available at the grass tutorial page) will include a top layer for the uv=1 map so I can be sure I'm doing things correctly.
the render does not start

I tried hiding many of the objects in the scene wh[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]