By Ernesto
Hello,

I am working with a very heavy file. It is so heavy that I am experiencing crashings all the time.
I can render without problems, but the critical procedure seems to be the exporting process to mxi.
Then is when I get the crashes. What I did to have a more efficient file, was to separate everything in layers, in the hope that i could switch them on and off depending on the used camera, so in that way I would export to mxs only what I need.

But...

It didnt worked. I have seen that I cannot avoid crashing using this method. In one of the tests trying to figure out what was happening I decided to switch almost all off, but it crashed anyway. So I decided to erase objects (that were supposed not to be used in this camera, and it worked, ok, but my file is incomplete now.

The next test, I decided to export the selected objects only, and it worked greately!!!
This seems to prove that Maya is exporting all the objects even the objects that are in off layers!

But that is not right....
(I have opened an mxs file and checked that it contained only the objects in the layers swithced ON.

I am lost (for now)
It is processing all the objects in the scene to figure out which ones need to be exported. It is not exporting the hidden/disabled objects, and it is not processing their geometry.

It would be easier if you could send us a scene which reproduces this crash. Which version of Maya and the plug-in are you using?
the render does not start

I tried hiding many of the objects in the scene wh[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]