By Ernesto
I am trying to understand how to export to mxs
1) I do not know if i have to export Left and Right cameras separatedly or not.
2) No matter which camera I export, when opening with maxwell is shows Central camera (not left nor right)
3) If i force to render Left or Right camera, they save in the same folder with the same name overwriting the files.
I am sure i am doing something wrong. Any help will be apreciated.
Ernesto
By Ernesto
I keep trying, with no good results.
I am exporting right and left camera separatedly, and one of the problems i am experiencing is that the grass, gets totally diferent in each of the images (left and right eye), which creates a weird effect in stereo viewing...
By Mihnea Balta
Stereo cameras are not explicitly supported. You can try setting both cameras as renderable, in which case batch rendering will launch two Maxwell instances (consecutively) to render each eye.

The difference in grass distribution might be because of LOD, since that is computed based on the camera position. You can try turning it off to see if the problem goes away (but obviously, that can significantly increase memory consumption).
By Ernesto
1) Folders solved: I had set both cameras as renderable, and now they save the image in separated folders.

2) Grass Distribution still inconsistent for each of the images in the stereoscopic pair: Up to now I am exporting each camera (left and right) separatedly. Perhaps, exporting everything at once could solve the problem?

3) I am not sure how to do what you describe here:
You can try setting both cameras as renderable, in which case batch rendering will launch two Maxwell instances (consecutively) to render each eye. Do you mean that the mxs files are exported in a single command, or that I have to export each camera separatedly?

4) A sample: (use RED and CYAN glasses, this is a stereo colour anaglyph Dubois Type) Here you can see the grass in the lower left corner, they are not the same distrubution for both eyes.

5) One more question: How does LOD work in case of animation? That is another case where camera change position.

6) Another way that I can think to solve the LOD, is to export just one of the images, for instance the Left eye, and using that MXS file to render both eyes. The problem i am having is that I have to change manually the output names, so that they will not overwrite the other eyes images.
Here you have a sample:
The problem is that the process is too tricky, and I am falling in all kind of mistakes during the implementation.

7) Accordingly to your knowledge of the plugging and software, which is the easier/safer way to do this?

Thanks

Ernesto
By Ernesto
Well, after many tests, I am lost:
The grass distribution seems to act randomly, even if using the same mxi file to render both left and right camera.
Sometimes, I get consistent grass distribution for each of the images in the stereoscopic pair, but it does have nothing to to with the exporting method:

1) Exporting right and left cameras separatedly
2) Exporting just one of the cameras, to render both cameras

All test were done with LOD dissabled (box not checked)
In any case I have got good pairs and bad pairs and there is no conclusion that I could get.

I assume that this problem was somehow solved to create animations, and in such a case I could use the same method to create an stereoscopic pair, perhaps creating an animated camera with just two frames for Left and right eyes.
What do you think?

Ernesto
By nachob
Hi Ernesto,

Nice renders.

About the grass issue, it may be related to an issue we improved in v3.0.1, being in 2.7 you could try rendering both cameras in the same computer (as the issue was related to different random distribution in different processors), it may work then.

nachob
By Ernesto
Thanks nachob!
Yes I noted that if I do the exporting procedure from two diferent computers it gets inconsistent grass in each image in the stereo pair.
I could get consistent grass in both images in the stereo pair when I export from the same computer and in the same session, but even though I get random results...
Indeed now I am exporting both scenes from the same computer and in the same session to avoid any possible conflict as the one you described.
But I cannot get to any conclusion because I get random results anyway. Sometimes they match the grass and sometimes they differ!

It seems that I am being forced to update... ?

Ernesto
By nachob
Ernesto wrote: It seems that I am being forced to update... ?
Ernesto
I don't know if that issue will be solved for sure in v3 as I don't have your scene. If what I told you didn't work, then it could be failing in v3 also, but if it fails in v3 we can fix it for a future patch/update in v3.

nachob
By Ernesto
nachob wrote:
Ernesto wrote: It seems that I am being forced to update... ?
Ernesto
I don't know if that issue will be solved for sure in v3 as I don't have your scene. If what I told you didn't work, then it could be failing in v3 also, but if it fails in v3 we can fix it for a future patch/update in v3.

nachob

If you need the scene I can send it to you.

Ernesto

Haha, thanks.

Hello, I'm still waiting for a solution to the pro[…]

Well.....they must have been proven wrong, as it's[…]

Hello dear customers, We have just released a new[…]