By choo-chee
1 - projection emitters - when ever I connect a texture node the emitter stops working.
2 - material library - shows also other files like jpg's etc., very annoying.

most other stuff works great - I just need to test some scenes to know if upgrade is valuable for me.
also I think there's a significant problem:
3 - emitter correlated color is not working. I've played with it from 1500 to 6000 and unlike v2 that you see the change, in v3 it stayed white.
btw- I'm not sure if those are "true bugs" or just problems caused by me mixing v2 and v3 together.... I'm just playing for now as regular work is still on v2.

*edit* I think those are bugs after all. played a bit more. no texture projection and no correlated color emitters.
another thing - library shows really slow compared to v2. I've noticed that it's faster to use the method you recommended me - to use the IMPORT function instead as it shows the dialog immediately, while the LIBRARY function can take 10 secs !
By Nasok
Totally agree about previews in attribute editor. When you create any type of material and start tweaking it - preview button seems not to work properly. So preview goes to "extremely white" and no matter of what is going on with the material it self (i.e. - default grey) or it simply stays the same as it was when you first created it - so not updating.

A bit confusing .. well sounds a bit confusing .. let me know if screenshots needed :)

And about the correlated lights . .I guess it really depends on the size of your light. I mean physical geometry. I also got a bit "unexpected" results with my V2 materials and setting .. but .. not that dramatic :)
Nasok wrote: And about the correlated lights . .I guess it really depends on the size of your light. I mean physical geometry. I also got a bit "unexpected" results with my V2 materials and setting .. but .. not that dramatic :)
no. v2 rendered perfect correlated lights. my tests with v3 shows that there's a problem with the plugin as it remains white. so it cannot be used to render good night scenes or good indoor warm-lighted scenes...
By Nasok
So, did anyone found any workaround for this "preview" button behavior in Maya's attribute editor ?

As no matter what, it doesn't work. Old scene or newly created from scratch. No material preview in Attribute editor .. it keep showing the default grey sphere.
It was so handy to have this little preview, for tweaking the color and even roughness sometime.

Any thoughts ?

Cheers,
Tim.
btw another bug I found during testing: it's already there from v2 - selecting all mxs references than hiding rest of model - doesn't work. only some of the selected ref's show up.
choo-chee wrote:btw another bug I found during testing: it's already there from v2 - selecting all mxs references than hiding rest of model - doesn't work. only some of the selected ref's show up.
Could you send me a scene which demonstrates this bug?

We've fixed the correlated color emitters and a number of other things, please try the latest beta. Also, please tell me if you see an improvement with material previews.
whoa! you guys are alot faster with Maxwell V3 updates than V1 or V2 days! I'm glad I came back to Maxwell forums Thanks for the 3.0.9 plugin update today and thank you Mihnea Balta for your quick replies in these forums as well! this feels like the original magic of Maxwell Beta days again YEW! cheers!

choo-chee I hope you saw other post on projectors in the Maya section.. they do work via Maya if you apply them to a cube or sphere not a plane (using 3.0.8 or later plugin)

-Luke
By Nasok
So is there any update on "Maya's attribute editor bug" ?
The preview of the material is not reacting on the "preview" button. So no matter what changes you did - it stays same "default grey".

Was very convenient when you could quickly see how your material changes.
Help or feedback would be much appreciated.
By raduc
Nasok wrote:So is there any update on "Maya's attribute editor bug" ?
The preview of the material is not reacting on the "preview" button. So no matter what changes you did - it stays same "default grey".
Hi Nasok, can you tell me what version of Maya are you using and if this happens for all Maxwell materials or just for a specific one ?
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]