By limbus
Hi there,
the Maya 2014 Extension (formerly known as Subscription Advantage Pack) brings us the great new XGen toolset which Autodesk licensed from Disney Animation.

The @MaxwellRender Twitteraccount told me that it should already work with Maxwell.
Hi @fvonb It works fine. XGen distributes maya instances over the surface, MW then takes those instances and renders them as MW instances :)
Any hints what buttons need to be pushed. Right now I can't seem to get it to work. I tried Primitive Type "Sphere" and "Archive".

Cheers, Florian
By Mihnea Balta
I don't think it's possible to use XGen in Maxwell without special support in our exporter plug-in. We will look into this as soon as possible and give you a definitive answer. If special support is needed, we will try to add it for the next plug-in update.
By limbus
Mihnea Balta wrote:I don't think it's possible to use XGen in Maxwell without special support in our exporter plug-in. We will look into this as soon as possible and give you a definitive answer. If special support is needed, we will try to add it for the next plug-in update.
Great, thanks.

Cheers, Florian
By jberger
Hi, any news on this? I would love to see Maxwell support Xgen as it is very powerful.
By gotoxy av-media
hello maxwell-team,

some news about XGen-MAYA - MaxwellMAYA workflow integration?
and
what about BiFrost and Volumetric-Rendering?

thank you for some news on this!

best regards
munch
By gotoxy av-media
april 2016 - over 1.600 views - still no comment

i am not asking for releasedates, just want to know if NL cares about XGen/Bifrost or not!

please keep the community informed, this is what this forum is good for, isn`t it? :roll:
By Mihnea Balta
We haven't made any progress on this issue yet. We are still planning to support XGen, but we've had to focus our resources on other features so far.
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]