By Ernesto
In Maya 2012 it is possible to set a rolling angle to the camera, and it can be verified in Maya, but when exporting to MXS it does as if the rolling angle would be zero!

Is it possible to fix this soon?
I am working in a project that needs it!

Ernesto
By Mihnea Balta
If you're not not using film offset, you ca achieve the same effect by rotating the camera. If you also need film offset, it is not possible to support this at the moment, because it would have to be implemented in the engine, not on the plug-in side.
By Ernesto
Hello MB,

Good! I am not using offset! I am using a camera + aim, on two complex animation path. I have tried to rotate the camera but the rotation seems to be locked, and it is not possible to unlock. (I have tried anyway) probably because of the type of camera. I tried to create a group with the camera so that I could rotate it, but it has no effect...
Could you tell me how could I rotate it?
Thanks

E
By Ernesto
Thanks Polynurb, I have tried it also...

But a third path is necesary to handle the tilting angle.
I have tried creating a paralel path (since I need a constant tilt or Rolling angle) but it does not work that way, or at least i cannot find the way to have a constant tilting angle yet.
When the camera turns on its vertical axis, the tilting angle could vary and change the tilting side each time...
I wonder how to have a fixed tilting angle...

My emergency plan was to render a higher resolution, to be cropped and tilted in PhotoShop, athough this is a waste of rendering time and rendering quality... I was ready to go this rough way, but fortunately...

Some time later, it was solved: I have just found another camera Roll, and it is in View/CameraTools/RollTool and it has to be used while looking through the camera. This other roll apparently has nothing to do with the other which can be adjusted numerically. If using this RollTool the other Roll setings will show a value of Zero. This Roll Works Ok with Maxwell Render, it seems that it is rotating the camera itself. The only problem of this Roll is that there is no way to level it again, except by eye.

E
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]