By inefecto
New bug :
I opened a scene used to render without any problem (maxwell 2.6.1 and 2.7.0) in the past and Now no way to render it even with 2.7.1
I use Shave and Haircut 5.5v22 in Maya

Here is the error I've got in my script editor :
// Warning: Could not instantiate Maxwell hair object for hair system BOXR_shave_body_main, skipping it. //
// Warning: Could not instantiate Maxwell hair object for hair system BOXR_shave_head_main, skipping it. //
// Warning: Could not instantiate Maxwell hair object for hair system BOXR_shave_head_moustache, skipping it. //
// Warning: Could not instantiate Maxwell hair object for hair system BOXR_shave_head_gros_poil, skipping it. //
// Warning: Warnings were issued during the scene export process. Check the script editor window for details. //

My polygon are rendering but not the shave.

I didn't change anything except go back to MXL 2.6.1 because of a bug we met :
http://www.maxwellrender.com/forum/view ... 13&t=39075

I tryed with 2.6.1 and 2.7.1 : no change, same render error.
Any idea ?
If you went back to Maxwell 2.6.1, you also need to downgrade the plug-in. The 2.7.x Maya plug-ins cannot load the extensions shipped with Maxwell 2.6.x. You need to use plug-in 2.6.27 for that. If you don't have that installer anymore, it's here.
By inefecto
It works now with the 2.6.27 Maya plug.
Thanks a lot !

I know the plugin version depends of the mxl version setup.
Here is the setup I tested :

mxl 2.5.1 + mxl 2.6.0.0 patch + mxl 2.6.1.0 patch + Maya plug 2.6.22 -> Hair don't render.
mxl 2.5.1 + mxl 2.7.1 patch + last plus version -> Hair don't render (strange, perhaps I made a mistake yesterday).

Now (working version) :
mxl 2.5.1 + mxl 2.6.1 patch + maya plug 2.6.27

I notice that when I remove maxwell installation between each configuration,
folder ".../Next Limit/maxwell 2" still exist so I suppress it before setup again.
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]