By 3dtrialpractice
I created and am using this type of camera light setup now w/ Maxwell V2 ..esp great for scene tests!
Version ALPHA1 Download link:
http://lukeroman3d.cbeckleydesign.net/M ... aya2008.ma
>see example render and maya screen grab at the end of this post<

It's simply a .ma file (saved in Maya 2008.. but you can change the first line to work w/ previous versions)
So you can open the ma or import it into your current scene(all names SHOULD be uniquie I took time to name Everything so it should be EZ to see.. comes in under 1 group called "grpMaxwellCameraLightRig")

(I always wanted to .. but never used Multilight much in V1.x as it couldn't change color)
Now that we CAN change light colors in Multilight I set up a VERY SIMPLE Light rig with a few light planes Aim constrained to the camera AIM

*It is setup so that there is a Camera Flash Light,Top,L/R side,Rim,and Back Lights (some planes have had their rotate orders changes so that they will rotatet with out breaking the rig if the cam aim goes beyond their world space..but there still maybe "flipping" that will happen if the aim goes off into som extream direction)

*Its set using Luminence(Lumen) emmiters on planes (becasue this mode does light power calculations by SIZE of plane not wattage..so if you scale the emmiter geo up it does not look like there is less light coming from emmiter-like what happens if you have it set to watts)

*There is a global light group control (attributes to control scale of lights.. and to be able to move/rotate the group)
there are selection handels on the Camera and Lights AIM locator (this locator trans/rotate xyz attributes can be UNLOCKED to BREAK the Cam AIM link and to further move rig and camera independently) and the FLASHLIGHT is AIM constrained to the Camera Aim too so it will always Point at the camera AIM -on the main Control handel there is a FlashSPIN attribute wich will allow you to spin the flash like a airplane propeller since it is a rectanle horizontally by default you can spin it to be vertical,etc.

*There is also a Directional Light(also AIM constrained so all you hav to gdo is translate it and it will rotate to point at CamAIM. You NEED to link this light yourself in maxwel render globals to be used for the Sun in env renders.

PLEASE:Any Help or Suggestions is Definatly welcome..
also its setup now for a fairly large scene (like 1:1 car scene example) so the light intensity is 1,000 to 10,000 lumen on the lights.. youll need to change that in the mxms or during render.
-LUKE
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]