It's a harmless warning, somebody tried to add localization to the name of the render engines displayed in the render options panel, but didn't take into account that you can have plug-in renderers. They've fixed it in 2008, but anyway, it shouldn't cause any issues. We can't suppress the warning from our end, it's a bug in one of Maya's MEL scripts.
Mac, Just upgraded to Snow Leopard, which may be the problem. I'm not sure how to launch mxed from the attribute editor, is there a button somewhere? I can launch it out of my applications list. I can render material previews, and also see material hardware previews in the view port.

Ha ha, weird, now it works. I don't know why the mxcl window was not opening before but it does now.

Word.
You need to run Maxwell (or Studio, or MXED) once after installing it, so it can register itself in the system. If you try to run it from Maya before running it at least once stand-alone, Maya can't find it.

The buttons to launch MXED are in the "global parameters" panel of the material editor, but they don't work on OSX due to a bug which will soon be addressed with a patch.
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]