By seghier
Hello
i tried the last version with realflow scene and i have some notes :
- when i changed the shutter speed and click tab to switch to film iso case ; 3dsmax blocked

- i loaded animated texture created by realflow but i had a problem :
realflow by default export the name of the texture : name_001.ext ... name_00200.ext ...
with the plugin i choose : name_#.ext but it read only name like that : name__1.ext ...name__200.ext
so i need always rename the images sequence by : Bulk rename utility ; i can change export settings in realflow but i forgot that

- i can't add layer or bsdf ; always i need to duplicate

- we can't change nested priority for material assistant
- when exported a scene or animation : maxwell plugin exported also the perspective view ; sometimes was the active camera by default
- when i loaded bin mesh sequence and add mesh smooth modifier the plugin export only the first frame many time ; if i disable the smooth modifier it worked fine
- there is no option to hide object from camera
- no option for objects to modify smoothing like in studio
By Mihnea Balta
Hi,
seghier wrote: - when i changed the shutter speed and click tab to switch to film iso case ; 3dsmax blocked
I'm looking into this.
seghier wrote: - i loaded animated texture created by realflow but i had a problem :
realflow by default export the name of the texture : name_001.ext ... name_00200.ext ...
with the plugin i choose : name_#.ext but it read only name like that : name__1.ext ...name__200.ext
so i need always rename the images sequence by : Bulk rename utility ; i can change export settings in realflow but i forgot that
We had to do it that way to be consistent with how Max treats image sequences everywhere else. We may make the system more flexible in the future, but right now the only solution is to change the export settings in the application which generates the sequence.
seghier wrote: - i can't add layer or bsdf ; always i need to duplicate
I don't understand this. What happens when you click the "B" button on the toolbar underneath the material tree?
seghier wrote: - we can't change nested priority for material assistant
We will add the global material settings (nested priority, material ID color etc.) to the assistant as well.
seghier wrote: - when exported a scene or animation : maxwell plugin exported also the perspective view ; sometimes was the active camera by default
Maxwell prompts you which camera to use as active when exporting. Make sure you select the correct one, and it should be the same for all frames. If it changes, please provide a set of steps which reproduce the problem.
seghier wrote: - when i loaded bin mesh sequence and add mesh smooth modifier the plugin export only the first frame many time ; if i disable the smooth modifier it worked fine
I will look into this.
seghier wrote: - there is no option to hide object from camera
Go to object properties, and in the General tab you have "vislble to camera" and "visible to reflection/refraction" in the Rendering Control group.
seghier wrote: - no option for objects to modify smoothing like in studio
I'm not sure I understand this point. Max is a modeling tool, you have lots of ways to edit smoothing groups and normals which do not involve the Maxwell plug-in.
By seghier
Mihnea Balta wrote:Hi,

- I don't understand this. What happens when you click the "B" button on the toolbar underneath the material tree?
Thanks ; i don't know that it work like that ; i thinked like in studio by right click

- Maxwell prompts you which camera to use as active when exporting. Make sure you select the correct one, and it should be the same for all frames. If it changes, please provide a set of steps which reproduce the problem.
yes i did that i activate the camera view than exported the animation and choose the camera as active but i found that other camera called view active by default
i solved this problem by lock the view under Render setup ---> View to Render ; but why the plugin export another camera ?

- Go to object properties, and in the General tab you have "vislble to camera" and "visible to reflection/refraction" in the Rendering Control group.
thanks ; i don't know that these options in the general tab

-I'm not sure I understand this point. Max is a modeling tool, you have lots of ways to edit smoothing groups and normals which do not involve the Maxwell plug-in.
in studio we can activate smoothing under appearance to get smooth mesh and nice result without need to add opensub modifier.
if i add subdivision modifier in 3dsmax i get another problem with animation and it took long time or sometimes 3dsmax stop working

By Mihnea Balta
seghier wrote: yes i did that i activate the camera view than exported the animation and choose the camera as active but i found that other camera called view active by default
i solved this problem by lock the view under Render setup ---> View to Render ; but why the plugin export another camera ?
The plug-in exports all cameras to the MXS file, in case you want to later change the active camera from Studio. However, it should not change the active camera between frames, or use a different active camera than the one you set. If that happens, please explain it to me in more detail. (Also, note that pressing F9 to render will use the same camera as the last render, even if you change the active viewport in the mean time; this is standard Max behaviour.)
seghier wrote: in studio we can activate smoothing under appearance to get smooth mesh and nice result without need to add opensub modifier.
if i add subdivision modifier in 3dsmax i get another problem with animation and it took long time or sometimes 3dsmax stop working
Ah, I see. There's a "Maxwell Subdivision" modifier you can add to achieve that. It doesn't have any effect on the viewport, all it does is tell the engine to subdivide the mesh at render time.
By seghier
Mihnea Balta wrote:
seghier wrote: - when exported a scene or animation : maxwell plugin exported also the perspective view ; sometimes was the active camera by default
Maxwell prompts you which camera to use as active when exporting. Make sure you select the correct one, and it should be the same for all frames. If it changes, please provide a set of steps which reproduce the problem.
This is impossible because when i changed the export settings and used one number _0 ; realfow plugin can't read the bin files and i think the maxwell plugin also can't read these bin files
so always there is a problem
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]