By arch3d
Hi all,
Is it possible in 3dsmax plugin animate hdr offset?
To be honest i don't know how to do it:P
Set key doesn't work for me:(

Thanks for any help.
By Mihnea Balta
Unfortunately in Max it's not possible to set keys on render options. I've tried to make a MAXScript which gets called on each frame to update the offset value, but I haven't been able to make it work, because Max doesn't call #preRenderFrame callbacks for plug-in renderers, and I can't seem to call it myself from the plug-in code. I don't think there's a solution for animating the IBL offset from Max.
By Mihnea Balta
No, Studio doesn't have any animation capabilities. You could export all the frames as MXS files and then write a script with pymaxwell which opens each file, sets the offset based on the frame number, then re-saves the MXS, but it's going to be tedious. You might be better off animating the camera and model in Max to rotate against a fixed environment.
By egmehl
I've run into the same problem with animating HDR offsets and trying to script it. The other problem is that you can't use sequences in the HDRI for the same reason.

Would it be possible to change the way the Maxwell plugin sets up the HDR lighting by putting the HDRI settings on some kind of dummy object, or a special type of light? There are a number of time lapse HDRIs out there now that would be really great to be able to use with Maxwell by adding sequences to the HDRI.
By Mihnea Balta
We'll look into that. It would have been nice if we could add texmaps in the render options object, but sadly Max does not support that.
By arch3d
egmehl wrote:I've run into the same problem with animating HDR offsets and trying to script it. The other problem is that you can't use sequences in the HDRI for the same reason.

Would it be possible to change the way the Maxwell plugin sets up the HDR lighting by putting the HDRI settings on some kind of dummy object, or a special type of light? There are a number of time lapse HDRIs out there now that would be really great to be able to use with Maxwell by adding sequences to the HDRI.
+1
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]