By PCONCA
Why a "Normal object" like a cube, cilinder...etc... hasn´t the visility options in the Objects Properties tab?

the MXLights have it, why not a "Normal Object"? (In Maya both Normal objets and MXLights have it...)

And I said it because it´s very confused for use doing the Invisible Emitters and other stuff... I don´t know if it´s a bug or not... Thanks in Advance!

By PCONCA
Thanks Fernando Tella!!!

I know it... but this isn´t the question....the question I think is that is confusing for new users, and if in other programs and in 3DSMax too, the settings of a renderer are ever in the "Renderers Settings Tab", why this not in 3DSMax like in Maya?... the rendering settings on the rendering tab...and Voilà all clear...XD

and what you said is not related on the documentation, or I don´t see it, I offers thi to only do a improvement of the plugin because I think it will help People (of course new users) to understand better some stuff.

and what of these unclic (it´s more confusing I think...may be not for you or for me but it would be for other people and more if it isn´t in documentation)

Sorry I thought it was just a question.
Yep, it can be a bit confusing. Properties that apply mixed with others that don't, but that's where max puts rendering visibility control. VRay just uses a different window for that and I think I would prefer it as max's properties window gets very slow to open when the scene is heavy. It would be all related to Maxwell packed in one place.
By bruno.sdi
Fernando, I have been noticing (since mxV3) that Max's properties window is quite slow to open, not sure why this happens but I know iit wasn't like that on V2... I also think it gets slower depending on the amount of emitters you have on the scene, still can't find a pattern for this behaviour though.
Anyone noticed this from V2 to V3?
As a rule, we do not duplicate functionality from the host application. If Max has a "hide to camera" checkbox, we'll use that. People who are familiar with Max will find it even more confusing that the checkbox they know doesn't work, and they have to use a different checkbox, with the same name, in some other part of the UI. Meshes have visibility options in Max. Lights don't. That's why the MXLight object has the visibility checkboxes in a different place.

We will investigate if the slowness when opening the object properties window is caused by our plug-in.
bruno.sdi wrote:Fernando, I have been noticing (since mxV3) that Max's properties window is quite slow to open, not sure why this happens but I know iit wasn't like that on V2... I also think it gets slower depending on the amount of emitters you have on the scene, still can't find a pattern for this behaviour though.
Anyone noticed this from V2 to V3?
I can't tell if it started to happen with the change of Maxwell version, hmm, it could be. I always thought it was something related to 3dsmax. My feeling is that it has more to do with the amount of objects in the scene more than the amount of emitters. It has happened here with only sun + sky.
As a rule, we do not duplicate functionality from the host application. If Max has a "hide to camera" checkbox, we'll use that. People who are familiar with Max will find it even more confusing that the checkbox they know doesn't work, and they have to use a different checkbox, with the same name, in some other part of the UI. Meshes have visibility options in Max. Lights don't. That's why the MXLight object has the visibility checkboxes in a different place.
For me it's ok if properties dialog didn't have that slowness problem.
Last edited by Fernando Tella on Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By bruno.sdi
Fernando Tella wrote:
I can't tell if it started to happen with the change of Maxwell version, hmm, it could be. I always thought it was something related with 3dsmax. My feeling is that it has more to do with the amount of objects in the scene more than the amount of emitters. It has happened here with only sun + sky
You might be right when you say it's probably related to the amount of objects in the scene, as I noticed this behaviour on a scene with an HDRI only... But I still think it only started since V3 as I never noticed this before...

Cheers.
Mihnea Balta wrote:We will investigate if the slowness when opening the object properties window is caused by our plug-in.
Any news on that Mihnea? Lately I've been "forced" to use Vray for some projects I had to do with other people and didn't notice any remarkable delay when opening properties window. Changing the render engine to Maxwell triggered the problem.

Thanks!
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]