By vizport
I tried the new DS Material out. However it didn't work out of the plugin. Tested with two simple diffuse mats. In studio I can work with it. I also tried double sided leaves, but it actually doesn't work in Max.
By raduc
sandykoufax wrote:I found that I have to select backface material first and then assign the front face material.
Backface materials are assigned through the maxwell tab in the object properties at the moment, you shouldn't have to assign the backface material first for it to work, if you do, then it's a bug and I'd appreciate a sample scene or some more details on how to reproduce it.
If there is a native way to add backface materials in 3ds max can you give me a link to a tutorial or a short description of how to do it so we can see if we can add support for it in a future release ?
By vizport
Fixed. Reinstalled the plugin.

Maybe MW Crew can implement the stock Double Sided material from Max. It's a bit of double implementation at the moment. And no easy drag and drop possible. I need to convert 6000+ Leave shaders so this is an painful job right now. :(
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]