By naxos
Hello forum guys,

Is that a bug ? or did i miss something ?

By Mihnea Balta
No, that's how it's supposed to work. When you enable rotary shutter, the shutter speed is computed from the angle and the FPS. The plug-in then changes the exported ISO so that regardless of the shutter angle, you get the same exposure you would from the original ISO and shutter speed. If we didn't do this, changing the angle would also change the brightness of the rendered image.

PS: it's been like this since the first release of the plug-in, it's not new behavior.
By polynurb
Fernando Tella wrote:Interesting. What are the benefits of using rotary shutter?
controlling motion blur, without modifying film exposure.
it works together with the Fp/s settings of the timeline as one 360° rotation of the shutter always includes all frames.
By naxos
Ok, shame on me, i should RTFM ;-)

I've checked it without knowing its function... just i tried to get nice bloom effects...

haha
By polynurb
one remembers better, if one fails first :)

i guess in technical terms it is not quite correct what i wrote, as you showed in your screenshot exposure does get modified.. automatically, but in a way that preserves intensity as perceived by the eye.
By naxos
polynurb wrote:one remembers better, if one fails first :)

i guess in technical terms it is not quite correct what i wrote, as you showed in your screenshot exposure does get modified.. automatically, but in a way that preserves intensity as perceived by the eye.
Maybe i've changed params during rendering to fit better expectations...
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]