By bograt
Hello all,

Anyone else have extremely low res, smudgy textures in the 3dsmax 2013 viewport? I have set the texture size to 4096x4096 in the maxwell preferences but it looks no different to 256x256.
I am running this on 'Nitrous (Direct3d 9.0)' and its a quadro 2000m (laptop) By the way I get the same effect in all other driver modes
cheers

Jules
By raduc
There's two ways to preview an image on an object in the 3dsmax plugin, either by turning on the material preview button (link) or by clicking the show in viewport checkbox after selecting a bitmap from one of the material slots.

For the material preview, we make a texture whose size is the minimum between the max size for a texture that the graphics card allows and the size set in the maxwell preferences dialog. For the show in viewport method max handles everything.

Can you try to set the driver on DirectX and max out all the texture related settings (background texture size - 1024, download texture size 512 and the match bitmap size as closely as possible checked on both ) and see if anything improves?

If it doesn't improve anything, can you send me the image along with a sample scene at radu@griffinlair.com ?
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]