By JTB
I use MAX and ForestPack Pro and I am very happy to see that new FPpro 4.0 beta supports Maxwell.
I tried to do a test but I found a new problem which is 50% Maxwell and 50% my lack of knowledge...
Simple scene... a plane as ground, a new forest object.
I merge a simple tree model. The pivot is at the lower point.
I create a Maxwell proxy... Automatically the pivot goes to the center of the object...
If I use the proxy object, the forest is not rendered correctly.
So, the question is... how to move the proxy's pivot...

For more details watch the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTSb15IZ ... e=youtu.be
By JTB
Less FPpro users than I thought!
No answer?
By JTB
OK, I got an answer from Itoo...
You are right, it is not possible to move the pivot in a Maxwell proxy. I don't know if this is a bug, or it is locked by some reason. You would ask in the Maxwell forum.

But i realized the proxy inherits the pivot from the source object. So, this would be a workaround:

1) Adjust the pivot in the mesh object.
2) Apply a Reset XForm.
3) Create proxy.

On the other side, i think should not be reasons to use Maxwell proxies with Forest. You can use the mesh directly, even with high-poly objects. The items are instanced in the render engine on the fly.

So, although there is no reason for what happens with MW proxy's pivot point, we don't need them for FPpro... Good news
Depending on the amount of instances, you may run into viewport problems. Did you try applying a Reset XForm modifier to your geometry before you export it to mxs reference? I have had luck with that process. In fact, I always make sure to place the object at 0,0, move the pivot to 0,0, then apply reset xform, and export.
By JTB
I don't use mxs reference... I keep things really simple... I link or import my Revit model, I create FPpro objects and I assign materials... Usually I use planes with clipmaps oriented to the camera because I make exterior arch renderings.
This time, I opened a simple tree model, assigned maxwell mats and saved... Then I open the file with my Revit model, merge the tree model and created a proxy...
So, the only thing I did to my tree model was the material change...
I use MAX only for rendering... although I would like to use it for much more...I will try with the Reset Xform modifier ,after I read the help file :)
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]