By sandykoufax
In the Max plugin material editor,

there are some wizard omitted.

it shows just

AGS, Bubble, Carpaint, clipmap, glass, greasy, plastic, satin, textured, water, velvet

but where is metal and sss ?

And MXED connection is removed in the plugin material editor ?
By Mihnea Balta
The metal and SSS wizards were not finished when the plug-in was built, but will be added shortly through an update.

What do you mean by MXED connection? If you want to use referenced MXM files, there's a separate material for it now. If you mean editing embedded materials with MXED, that's no longer possible, since the Max editor should have all the functionality of MXED (the missing wizards are an oversight which will be corrected).
By sandykoufax
Thanks.

and about MXED, you're right. what I meant is that editing embedded materials with MXED. I used it to preview Material, it's much better to preview materials than max editor. :wink:

anyway bitmap color correction functin looks great, and I wish we can see the shift lens result in viewport later. :)
By Mihnea Balta
We looked into implementing shift lens in the viewport, but the Max SDK isn't flexible enough to allow us to change the camera projection. Max implements 2-point perspective correction by shearing the view (which is sort of a hack), while Maxwell actually simulates a shift lens. The two concepts are incompatible, so we can't even translate the Max modifier into a Maxwell equivalent.

If you want to see larger previews for the materials, you can double-click the material editor slot and a larger preview image will pop up. Make sure you uncheck "auto" in the new window, or Max will try to render a preview every time you change something in the material.
By sandykoufax
Mihnea Balta wrote: If you want to see larger previews for the materials, you can double-click the material editor slot and a larger preview image will pop up. Make sure you uncheck "auto" in the new window, or Max will try to render a preview every time you change something in the material.
I know the doubleclick preview, but what I meant is that various preview object.
In MXED, We can easily change each other. But in max, I should go to preference to change, it's somewhat annoying.
Is that possible to change them via maxscript? ( I don't know about maxscript )

and another question is that,

We can expect the Camera sensor preset in plugin too? (actually I dont know what is the difference between them) :)
By Mihnea Balta
It's not possible to change the preview scene with maxscript, but we'll see if we can implement an easier way of doing this.

We'll add the sensor presets in the next build. All they do is change the film dimensions to match the camera model you've selected.
By rusteberg
sandykoufax wrote:and about MXED, you're right. what I meant is that editing embedded materials with MXED. I used it to preview Material, it's much better to preview materials than max editor. :wink:
+500,000

didn't see this post until after i added to sandy's wish list. Yes, the mxed interface is much more intuitive and useful for editing materials AND previewing them! much faster than the max slot preview with the annoying mxcl window popup and mxed also renders out cleaner previews... as a workaround i've been jumping through what used to not be a redundant hoop by creating materials in mxed, saving material, importing into max slot and if any tweaks are necessary it's back to step one. instead of just being able to launch mxed from within max material editor and saving back to slot on close.

is it possible to bring this back without loosing what's already been improved? I'm no programer... just user... :wink:

edit: i also noticed that when importing material into "Maxwell Material", it shows default lambert gray preview in slot instead of generated preview through mxed? which seems to add a redundant step of having to update the preview in the max slot to be able to know which material is which...
the render does not start

I tried hiding many of the objects in the scene wh[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]