'MAXWELL ENGINE VERSION': (str) -> Version of Maxwell used to save scene

the script read mxs created with v3 but print the version : 4.1.1.1

and crash when i tried to save mxs to v3

Export to object

how i can load and export mxs to obj ?

---------------------------------
this is error in the help :
By Brany
'MAXWELL ENGINE VERSION' is a new parameter in maxwell 4, so maxwell 3 scenes (MXS files) has no such as version number stored. That's why you see 4.1.1.1 in old scenes, is the default value (the current SDK version used to read that MXS). I see that it can be confusing, we will try to fix this so < 4.0 scenes return values that makes sense (maybe just 3.0.0.0).

Regarding using 'MAXWELL ENGINE VERSION' in setRenderParameter, this parameter is not intended to be wrote by the SDK user, is only for internal use. 4.x SDK is not able to write 3.x scenes. x.y.z.w SDK only writes x.y.z.w scenes, e.g. 4.1.1.1 SDK only writes 4.1.1.1 MXS scenes. I will try to change the behaviour of setRenderParameter so if will fail if the SDK user tries to write 'MAXWELL ENGINE VERSION'.

Our SDK doesn't have functionality to export MXS to OBJ files. You have to find a python package to fill and write OBJs, and convert from our scene format to OBJ by yourself. Anyway, we can do that for maxwell 4.2 ;)

CmaxwellMaterial help text string fixed, thanks!

Thanks for all your feedback Seghier, it is really useful.
By seghier
thanks Brany :)
i wait for version 4 and i hope you add option to convert mxs to object ; it will be useful to convert from obj to other 3d formats and maybe to view lowres version of the scene.
pymaxwell can read all informations in the scene and print them ; is it possible to read all these informations and than with a script remove the new features and export to mxs v3 or maybe to obj than to mxs ? i see many users still use v3 and a tool to convert scenes will be useful or directly from studio : save as v3 and that will encourage V3 users to buy or upgrade to V4
By Brany
Sorry, but save old version of the scene from a newer SDK requires a lot of work, we cannot spend resources to something like that.
By Brany
You can't, sorry. It is a Studio-only feature. If you think that it can be useful we can add this to our TODO list.
By seghier
I don't remember where i read about creating maxwell plugin or extension to use inside studio.
I see in studio there is python name under layout (right click on the window) but it show an empty menu.
If that possible how these plugins or extensions can created : with python or c++?

http://support.nextlimit.com/display/ma ... Extensions
By seghier
what i hope create is plugin can find the sun position based on hdr image ; i add request about that in whishlist forum
i can do that using a useful tool called floaty to load images above any application ; but it take time and i don't have the power to create a script to calculate sun position from spherical view to flat view or vice versa.
some new features in studio will help without need scripts or plugins; like sceen mapping of the sky in the viewport + an option to add grid to viewport and other window to show the hdr image with a grid .
is plugin like that or a script possible to create and work with studio or not ?
video :
http://sendvid.com/08tf0o59
By Brany
Sorry, we don't have a SDK for Studio, so no plug-ins can be made externally. The "extensions" are plug-ins for the render, you can create new cameras, procedural textures, procedural geometry, new type of skys, etc, but only for rendering purposes. I am not sure why do you need to find the sun position in a HDR image, but maybe a "sky extension" can do that in case you want to place a physical sun over a HDR image.

...and 3 Days later, 82.528 Views !!! ...NL, every[…]

Hello dear customers, We have just released a new[…]

grass generator extension

Just downloaded MWR5 for Rhino 6 and want to use g[…]

Hello everyone, I have a new bug with the latest M[…]