Everything related to SDK.
By sidenimjay
now that v1 has been out for a bit, and is mostly stable,
when can we hope to have the sdk back?

thanks in advance
By sidenimjay
wow thank you so much for providing all this information about the release of
the sdk

is it that difficult to project a release date?

perhaps it is too difficult a question to answer?

perhaps NL is not going to release the sdk and they dont want to piss anyone else off by letting us know now?

can i get even a simple its being worked on, by someone from NL?

i have had lots of requests for the houdini plugin, and i would at least like to let them know if there will ever be another one apart from the beta

hello hello is this thing on?
By garyswindell
The thread prior to this contained an answer from Victor (well a partial answer). They are working on it. Of course an SDK already exists otherwise there wouldn't be any plugins but my guess is that it needs to be polished and documented. I too am very anxious to get my hands on it.
By juan
Hello,

We understand you are impatient. There will be an sdk soon, we are cleaning it, making it more robust and better documented.

Juan
By sidenimjay
gary i read that prior post, thanks for the reminder that victor did say it was being cleaned up, but was a few weeks ago......

obviously there is the ability to make plugins..... maybe it takes longer to clean up and hide code than that, but should be at least able to project a date for release

i was just hoping to hear some sort of schedule for release so i can plan a schedule of my own, as i keep getting more inquires as to when the houdini plugin is going to be released.

things will need to be reworked a bit on my end i am sure, not one release of the sdk was compatable with the other. i would like to plan a vacation from work so i can concentrate on the plugin, (take a vaction to work on a computer?!!?)

i would like to be able to let everyone know something a little more concrete

thanks for any replies
By sidenimjay
thanks juan

i think you posted that as i was submiting my post

ya know im ready to test it out for you
By juan
Hi sidenimjay,

Thank you for your patience. The sdk will be more powerful and also we are reviewing our sdk policy to make it more accesible for you, I am sure you will be happy in some weeks.

Juan
By garyswindell
juan wrote:Hi sidenimjay,

Thank you for your patience. The sdk will be more powerful and also we are reviewing our sdk policy to make it more accesible for you, I am sure you will be happy in some weeks.

Juan
We are at 5 weeks now since "some weeks". Does some weeks mean 4-8 weeks or 20-30 weeks.
By DoctorBuzz
It seems that the SDK is not even "coming soon". And all of this without say any word about it or answering the requests of other customers who purchased maxwell to be able to use the sdk to write their own plugins.
How they develop their plugins?
For sure this is not the most elegant way to support customers (without talk about the embarassing delay of some anticipated features like displacement or the much evolved sky, the supposed much faster rendering etc.).
Sorry but I had to say that.
By tikal26
yeah we nedd an sdk, but I guess that it is going to be release with the Linux versiona dn who knows when that is going to be. by the way I never heard anything about displacement, but I came late tot he whoel mess so I probably missed that with the promise of ane xolved sky, i jope they are still down the line.
the render does not start

I tried hiding many of the objects in the scene wh[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]