This forum will be used to announce new features and release
By Forum Moderator
Dear users,

We have just uploaded Maxwell |3dsmax 4.2.5 to the portal.
It's mainly a bug fixing release.

As always, you can get it from the Customer Portal in "My Downloads" area: https://portal.nextlimit.com

We hope you enjoy it.

Here are the release notes:

Maxwell | 3dsmax 4.2.5
Publish date: Tue, 05 Feb 2019

Fixed:
  • The latest update of 3dsmax (2019.3) crashed if our plugin was installed.
  • One of the Maxwell Proxies created did not cast shadows (it was actually hidden to GI) if the original object was hidden.
  • Maxwell toolbar did not remember its position in 3dsmax 2019 from one session to another; this is actually only partially fixed as there's a bug on the Autodesk side related to Qt SDK; we've managed to make it remember its position but not it's docking state (we are waiting for a solution from Autodesk).
  • 3dsmax crashed after using the "Send Job to Network" button from Render Setup window.
  • 3dsmax crashed if you added Maxwell Scatter or Maxwell Grass without having Maxwell set as render engine.
  • MxLight in Area mode was pointing to the wrong side when using the GPU engine.

Improved:
  • Updated the Vray to Maxwell converter script so it can handle Metalness parameter correctly.
  • Tweaked some Vray to Maxwell conversion details in the case a falloff map is used in Reflect when doing metals so the converted material resembles the original more closely.
the render does not start

Also open the Console and read through it to see i[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]