This forum will be used to announce new features and release
By victor
(by Jomaga)

Dear Friends,

This is an example of how Maxwell 1.0 reproduces the reality using few real-world parameters and reducing the setup time dramatically. In this case I (Jose-Martin "jomaga") made some photos of a Cornell box (see below) and tried to reproduce it in Maxwell.

Once I had the geometry ready I spent only 15 minutes setting up the lighting conditions. First for the emitters I used the same real values (watts, temperature, lumen and efficacy). Then I created the wall materials using the same reflectance values that I obtained with the help of my luxometer. Finally I set the camera using the same real values of fStop, ISO and shutter that I used when I took the photo.

I needed some tests to adjust the red and green colors but in fact I got a very good image soon without needing to tweak or guess values for hours. I think the use of real-world values is one top end benefit of Maxwell for an architect like me.

Best regards,
A-Team Laboratories®

MAXWELL RENDER 1.0
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
15-min lighting setup test

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Although i’ve been happily rendering away in[…]

SS Pinto Bean

Hi Tommy, Great stuff - love it~! Thanks for pos[…]

Never No More Studio Lighting

Hello Mark! Very good tips about the camera setti[…]

Sadly, this lack of a response demonstrates a mori[…]