Add here your best high-quality Maxwell images.
By JDHill
Greetings, all...

Here is my first near-presentable result after working with M|R for a few days:

original image :: 1600x1071

~ trip the GFI fantastic ~
original image :: 1145x570

first rendering:

original image :: 1241x937

...model was created to be a mechanical plan for suspension and tube-placement for a 1967 Ford F100 tube-chassis drag-racing truck.
Last edited by JDHill on Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:18 pm, edited 11 times in total.
By Micha
Good start. :)

My suggestion: the polycount seems to be to high for a scene with so much planar surfaces. Try to use less and the scene could render faster.

Wine bottles? The bottle neg is much to narrow. :wink:

Lighting: I would try to concentrate the light at the vanity. For my taste the bright ground to much catch the eyes and distract from the vanity.
By JDHill
micah : thanks for the input.

I was trying to sort of imitate an amateur digital photo - this is actually a vanity I built for a customer last year, but took no photos.

Should I take you to mean that Rhino settings for voxelization apply to M|R? I'll try reducing this in the future.

Again, thanks!
By olbo
@JDHill

Heya, what a good rendering you have there. And I realy love the second
pic ... what a beautiful mood. :D

Well, honestly the furniture is not my taste, especially the wood - that's
just me ... hehe. :P ;)

crit:
Somehow the bath is yelloish, dunno if it's the texture (bleeding), the lighting ...hmm.
After some post (a bit level and curve) it looks better ...erm, from my point
of view. What kinda Typ of emitter did you use?

post processed image (level/curve)

take care
Oleg
By JDHill
Oleg :: thanks for your comments!

I like your adjustment - what software do you use? I have only Ulead PhotoImpact, and have not been impressed at anything it can do.

To be honest, I have only used 3D for practical mechanical purposes up until getting Maxwell, and have not had a need for good photo software

As for the wood, the actual piece was *really* beautiful maple with a detailed [read: time-consuming] finish. Maybe with V1.0 and more work on texturing, I'll be able to emulate it.

I can make no excuse for the design, other than to say, the plumbing location and fixture was determined by the homeowner before I began designing. In the future, I'll add more renderings to show the rest of the house, for reference.

The emitters were (2) Cool White 60W at the ceiling, (1) Cool White 40W above the mirror, (2) type A 7W in the vanity, and (1) custom-green .03W in the outlet. The room was enclosed, except for one corner cut back for the camera.

Again, thanks for your opinions!

~JD
By olbo
Hey JD,

you're welcome and I'm eager to see some images with the beautiful
maple and that finish you're talking about. And the design is not my
concern, it is more the texture. Well I don't know how it is called in
english, maybe 'laminated fiber' but I'm not sure. That is how it looks
like, well ... a lil bit. Anyway, I like the contrast between the nice red
color that has been used for the wall and the bright wood.

btw. the winebottles look like cidre (applewine), I know those blueish
bottles. :D :D :D

Well, and the software that I used to process your image was Photoshop,
but I use it a lot and not only for post but for drawings. I'll have a look
at the Ulead PhotoImpact and will see what I can do with it. ;o)

Hmm, ... since you've been using 'cold white' emitter my guess for the
yellowish style of the picture would be colorbleeding from the wood
texture. Well, lets hear some other opinions, because I'm also kinda
new to rendering ... well almost. :P :D ;)

NB.: Don't worry about the design to much, I'm german and I'm not
used to this 'design' even when my sister is living in Virginia ... hehe.

edit: I've downloaded Ulead PhotoImpact trial and fired it up
to see what I can do with this lil soft. Well ...

... at this image I've used the ExpressFix (F10) wich 'guides' you through
some steps. It works quit well, but if you need more control then you have
to use the other controls under photo -> light and color. If you don't have
the time to learn the "whole" image processing stuff, then the ExpressFix
is the way to go. ;)

I hope this is a lil bit helpful for you, at least a start. ;o)

NB.: I'm not a profi at all, so no bitching allowed ... hehe. ;)

edit2: ... haha, if you compare the processed pics, the first one
is to redish. I guess I should get my monitors calibrated ... well, no! :P :D ;)

NB.: PhotoImpact is doin' a nice job here, no need for you to get Photoshop. ;o)

take care
Oleg
By tom
Yes, the nightshot is amazing!
By Micha
JDHill wrote:micah : thanks for the input.

I was trying to sort of imitate an amateur digital photo - this is actually a vanity I built for a customer last year, but took no photos.

Should I take you to mean that Rhino settings for voxelization apply to M|R? I'll try reducing this in the future.

Again, thanks!
Ahh, you are a Rhino user like me. Now I understand the high polycount. You should enable "simple planes" at the polygonmesh properties page. Also, the meshingmanager is a very helpful tool to set a object based poly count. The Meshingmanager is a hidden part of Rhino without button - try the command "MeshingManager". If it dosn't work, it could be, this tool is part of the bonus tools and you must install the bonus tools befor.

PS: You could make a signature for your forum here with software and computer dates. Make it easier to understand some effects and rendertimes.
By JDHill
Olivier | Tom :: thanks for the encouraging words!

Oleg :: I think your first retouch is best. I hadn't tried the ExpressFix - go figure...thanks for your helpful attitude!

Micah :: Sorry, I thought I had indicated I was using Rhino :oops: . I also had alot of objects out of the camera's view, figuring that they might contribute to the accuracy of the lighting. Likely though, they might not be as necessary as I was thinking. Thanks for pointing out the bonus tools - I think I'll get Rhino | Maxwell figured out eventually. Actually, I'll probably wait to invest alot more time into it until I can D/L the RC!

sidenote :: I think the time zone differences might be getting to me :wink: . I am in the USA, my brother is stationed in Tokyo, and most of the posters to this forum are located in ??? [everywhere!]. If I wish to communicate, I may need to give up the idea of sleeping!
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]