Add here your best high-quality Maxwell images.
Camera Match for an airport addition. The original photo is below the rendering. Subtle details were added to the textures - drip stains along the tops of the copings, grime spatter on the walls, and greenish grime along the bottom of the walls. I also added in reflection of the left parapet wall underneath the canopy. I hope you like!

Here is the original photograph:

Here is the final of the subdivision rendering. I also included a blown-up detail for fun. Palm trees are Xfrog. All other foliage is from Marlin Studios collection. Fountains were done with MAX particles and composited in. Lots of PP work was done to make foliage and fountains blend - for example, notice the "wet spots" that I added in beneath the fountains and the shadowing underneath and behind the foliage. Lots of care was taken to add in extra detail. I hope you like.

Last edited by Jason Jacobs on Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
By blueplanetdesign
Really coming along nicely Jason.
By aitraaz
yeah I'd say that the second image is serious business...trees and foliage - amazing :shock:
By Thomas An.
ok, now which part of this is a photo ? Image
By 4 HeRo
Very nice
only the tiling on the roof in the second one seem abit flat
but very good work never the less :D
By Fernando Tella
Great images!!

Let me guess... palm trees are 3d, the other plants and fountains are post-process rpc.

Very convincing.
By Swierk
outstanding composition!
By abgrafx3d
very nice Jason - i like the second image the best :D
By Mihai
Great detail, visible especially in the closeup. It looks like the trunks of the palmtrees aren't textured?
By DELETED
DELETED
By marcdevon
What was the render time? Just curious.
By Grim
jacobs how you put xfrog trees to maxwell ?
when i put xfrog i have problem with bitmap (textures) ?
By giacob
very nice render expecially the closeup... the render is real but the place in itself looks terribly fake (not your fault though)
By Jason Jacobs
Thanks for all the great (and quick) feedback guys. Just to answer a few questions:

Mihai - the trunks are textured, but very subtly. I can do a zoom on just one of the trees if you want to see.

adehus & Grim - the clipmaps seem to be working fine for me. I'm not sure how accurate the shadows are because we can't see them. If I'm not mistaken, I think the clipmaps weren't properly making shadows? The Xfrog models are textured with tiffs with embedded alpha maps. These don't work with Maxwell. So, I had to convert all the textures to jpeg format and save out the alpha maps as seperate images to use as clip maps. It was a pain, but worth it.

maxwell_10000 - good eye. The street was narrowed 20' at the client's request (10' from both sides). He was insistent on seeing the signs and more of the fence. My original composition had the camera near the right sign, at the top of the fence, looking slightly down and toward the left and down the street.

marcdevon - render time began at 7pm and allowed to render to 7am @ 3000 x 2400. So, 12 hours and 16 or 17 samples - cant remember.
Last edited by Jason Jacobs on Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
the render does not start

I tried hiding many of the objects in the scene wh[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]