Add here your best high-quality Maxwell images.
By Xlars
Ok, so here is the thread where I plan to post my future Maxwell pictures (and I will also try to follow the trend here to place all pictures in this top posting, and just write a new note to say when it is updated + change the date in the thread subject).

2005-08-25: I start out with a simple one. This is a quick fantasy model with metal gold material (I simply love to see how good Maxwell handles reflections). The water is a plane with bump and a dark blue plastic mat. Objects in the back are spheres with metal chrome. Default physical light, no other emitters.

Render size: 2048x1536 pixels (reduced to 800x600 afterwards)
rendertime: 44 min 11 sec
Samp. Level 9,58
Minor noise reduction with Neat Image.

Software: 3ds max 7.5, Maxwell Render 1.2.2a
CPU: Intel Xeon CPU 2.66GHz, 2GB
GPU: 3Dlabs Wildcat VP990 Pro, AGP 4x, 512MB

Lars Bjorstrup
3D Gruppen, Denmark
http://www.xlars.dk
By Thomas An.
Lars,

Why did you stop posting images in your Gallery ? I think there is good potential here.

This was a nice start with this fantasy scene of sorts.

The object is in motion. I would think that the object motion should somehow disturb the water surface. The modeling detail is interesting though as well as the reflections (water) and sky color.

What is this thing anyway ?
By aitraaz
looks great :) ...what the hell is it? :shock:
By Gear
aitraaz wrote:looks great :) ...what the hell is it? :shock:
:D
By Xlars
Thomas An. wrote:Lars,

Why did you stop posting images in your Gallery ? I think there is good potential here.

This was a nice start with this fantasy scene of sorts.

The object is in motion. I would think that the object motion should somehow disturb the water surface. The modeling detail is interesting though as well as the reflections (water) and sky color.

What is this thing anyway ?
Thank you very much Thomas for your words .. I honestly did not expect any comments here on my first simple image here. I still have not really found my way around using Maxwell render yet :oops: .. so I thought I better study some more what you guys are doing and see if I can learn sometime, before I post any more work.

Ah yes, you are right, there should be some motion in the water surface. Thanks for the hint.
aitraaz wrote:looks great :) ...what the hell is it? :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Lets just say it is some sort of alien spaceship?

Haha, thanks.

Hello, I'm still waiting for a solution to the pro[…]

Well.....they must have been proven wrong, as it's[…]

Hello dear customers, We have just released a new[…]