Add here your best high-quality Maxwell images.
Hey guys, it has been a long time since I updated my gallery so here goes. As usual - comments and critiques are welcome :).

All images copyright 2011 Cary James/CONTACT

That is it for the new stuff... for now :)
Thanks for looking

First two images were rendered using Maxwell V2

Updated version of one of my wedding band shots

Cufflinks

These next one is new but rendered using Max 1.7, I figured that I would include it here anyway.

Stainless steel pendant

That was it for the new stuff, the rest of the gallery is older stuff rendered with 1.7 and images that you have likely seen before. Thanks for looking!

Antique enamel and tourmaline bracelet

Tourmaline and diamond bracelet

Onyx and diamond bracelet

Black Tahitian pearl earrings

'Starry Night' enamel and diamond pendant

Rosewood and marriage of metals pendant

White gold and diamond pendant

Sapphire and diamond ring

Lavender jade and diamond ring

Engagement rings

Packaging study

Laser engraved logo
Last edited by caryjames on Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:53 pm, edited 7 times in total.
By caryjames
Thanks everyone! I really appreciate the comments- it is a bit intimidating posting around here given the talent so it is nice to hear feedback from your peers.

Credit where credit is due.... the pearl material for the black tahitian pearl earrings was downloaded from the mxm gallery. I can't remember the author at this point but those pearls are strictly his.... no tweaking of material. :) Thanks!

Cary
I was sure I'd already replied to this - but it seems not. :p

It's a very strong portfolio of renders. I find it's difficult to make a gallery of images based on the same theme but keep it fresh and pleasing to view, but you've done that perfectly well. I really like the image of the ring in the open case.
Last edited by RobMitchell on Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love your gallery! One of the best Jewelry galleries i've seen so far!

I saw on the HDR Light Studio gallery that you use their software. I was wondering, and this feels almost like a stupid question since the Demos look so amazing, did the software work out for you
as you thought it would? And does it work like expected, with Maxwell?

I'm concidering to buy it but i'm still having some doubts. It's also a lot of money for me :)
Hey Tok Tok- thanks for your comments!

I purchased the HDRI Light Studio software when Maxwell V2 came out because of how Maxwell has optimized speed with hdri lighting setups. The first two pictures in this gallery were created using hdri's that I made with HDRI Light Studio and I have to say that I really do like the software. The quality of the light that you get is superb the only drawback is the studio lighting learning curve (at least for me) up to the Maxwell V2 release I have primarily been lighting my scenes using .mxi gradients applied to emitters. It took a little while to figure out how to light scenes using this method (see the Think tutorial on lighting for the knife) but once I understood the process it was terrific. With the hdri's it is a little more difficult (at least for me and shiny jewellery) to place the lights- a lot of trial and error... having said that I think that I am getting faster and better at it every day so I suspect that it is just a different learning curve. But the overall results are very much worth the effort- I think that the lighting has more depth and the renders clear a lot faster.

So to sum up that long winded explanation :)...the HDRI Light Studio software is very easy to learn and use... I don't think I bothered with the manual it is probably the most intuitive software that I have ever had the privilege to use. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions I would be happy to advise in any way that I can.
Cary

Haha, thanks.

Hello, I'm still waiting for a solution to the pro[…]

Well.....they must have been proven wrong, as it's[…]

Hello dear customers, We have just released a new[…]