Add here your best high-quality Maxwell images.
By jdp
v1 - may, 10 2005

no post production in these images...
instruction: clik on images for the bigger resolution.

more to come of this.

I am not that happy with this view angle, but I think it worth to show it anyway:

SL 13, 16h, original res 1400*1000 (vaio notebook p4 3ghz, 512 Mb ram)
--------------------------
SL 12.73, 15h, original res 1400*1000 (vaio notebook p4 3ghz, 512 Mb ram)

a little -ml eames chair lumination! :D

RC5 2006

sl 16, 14h

early try with RC5

beta comparison

beta 2005/2006

warning: most of this works are just for testing purpose.

Last edited by jdp on Wed May 10, 2006 8:56 pm, edited 9 times in total.
By acquiesse
I'm an architecture student, so very appreciative of your renders from the 3rd down. Exernals seem to be the hardest to get right with Maxwell, and these are superb.

I love your ground paving material. would you mind sharing some of the settings? I've been playing with a trasparent finish, but its way to shiny.

Thanks,

Mark
By jdp
RyanJohnson wrote:RC5 Still seems darker than Beta. That's been the case for all the RCs. Were your settings identical for the same scene?
Unfortunately not. Materials are slightly tweacked because I was playing with it, especially the can mat., but I think ground material is the problem causing overall lighting being darker. Emitters are exactly the same for W and colours.
Camera is also a bit different in focal leght because I incidentally changed it in Studio and I wasn't able to reset it as before.
aquiesse wrote:I'm an architecture student, so very appreciative of your renders from the 3rd down. Exernals seem to be the hardest to get right with Maxwell, and these are superb.

I love your ground paving material. would you mind sharing some of the settings? I've been playing with a trasparent finish, but its way to shiny.
thx, Mark.
Materials are from beta, done in 3dsmax. The shininess of ground material is done through a map in specular channel. Maps comes from www.arroway.de. I will post screenshots later if you ask me.

P.S.: I was an arch. student until Nov, and when I first saw your post I jumped on my chair thinking I am graduate now. It's time to go on, I think I took enough free time ehehehe... :D

-fede
By CJElven
Actually, I think the RC5 can looks much better than the Beta can. The Beta rendered can almost looks washed out/luminous. But, the other problem could be the floor isn't reflecting anything at all back onto the can. In the Beta render, the floor is a little reflective, probably just enough to account for the little bit of extra lighting...or at least some of it. In the RC5 render, the ground gradient fades away, but otherwise could be missing from the scene and you'd never notice. The can and the ground don't seem to be interacting in the RC5 render.
By jdp
CJElven wrote:Actually, I think the RC5 can looks much better than the Beta can. The Beta rendered can almost looks washed out/luminous. But, the other problem could be the floor isn't reflecting anything at all back onto the can. In the Beta render, the floor is a little reflective, probably just enough to account for the little bit of extra lighting...or at least some of it. In the RC5 render, the ground gradient fades away, but otherwise could be missing from the scene and you'd never notice. The can and the ground don't seem to be interacting in the RC5 render.
RyanJohnson wrote:Could you try getting the floor to interact with the can by adding a little reflectivity? I think CJElven has probably put the finger on the difference: The bounced light from the floor might be adding more light onto the can.
good point, this is exactly what I thought. The problem is plastic is translated in a 2 BDSF layer via 3dsmax plugin, and sometimes in Studio previous aspect is lost.

I'm busy now but I will try to replicate the render as soon as possible.

cheers,

-fede
By jdp
I have added a few images on top...
By aitraaz
:shock: Beautiful work!! Great studio setup for the chair shots, cool arch scenes as well (number 13 brilliant!) :)
By jdp
@aitraaz, thx a lot, really apprecited.

@sandykoufax, thx.
I agree about glossy and scratch, but the actual chair is really reflective (look at this reference), and I am to lazy at the moment to add dust and scratches...
RyanJohnson wrote:Vert Nice. Wow..excellent material use.

How about those two cans at the top... Can you make the RC5 candidate look like the better version created by the Beta? (BTW. What version are we on now? It's been a while since I used Maxwell.)
thx for your comment.

about the can scene, I got some problem in recreating the exact same condition in the Release Candidate. emitters intensity and light colour act quite different, and also the ground plane material gave me some problem regarding how to translate U and V roughness, I think I will wait for the final release...
By glebe digital
excellent images jdp. 8) 8) 8)
By jdp
update on top, more to come... :D
By jdp
thx ryan.

it tooks 15h on a p4 3ghz vaio laptop, full resolution is 1400*1000, SL 12.73
By 4 HeRo
:shock: WoW :shock: really really nice jdp :D
By glebe digital
That 1st v1 render is knock-out jdp! 8) :shock:
By jdp
@glebe, 4hero. :D thank you very much mates, it really means a lot from so talented artists! :D
the render does not start

I tried hiding many of the objects in the scene wh[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]